Plasti dip the hood?

04RAMSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has any one done the raised part of the hood and scoop? I was thinking of the CE stripes in black for my hood, don't want the tailgate done. Thought dipping the hood black might look good as well.

Any thoughts?

There was a guy at a Mopar show with a 300 srt who had done it. Looked good. Not CE stripes of course but he had stripes.

The problem with trying to use plasti dip for stripes or a taped off areas is that you need it to be thick to look good and it has to dry. When you pull the tape it will probably pull the plasti dip with it. Unless you lay it on really thick and pull the tape while its still wet

Mine is done that way till I can get it painted the only bad is you can kinda see paint lines in it but most people don't notice it I'm just kinda OCD lol

The problem with trying to use plasti dip for stripes or a taped off areas is that you need it to be thick to look good and it has to dry. When you pull the tape it will probably pull the plasti dip with it. Unless you lay it on really thick and pull the tape while its still wet

Spay it thick and while it still wet pull the tape from the edges it will leabe a crisp line......or if you let it dry respray the edge and the tape it will make it wet again then pull tape immediately.

A local shop will do vinyl for about $200, I think I will go that route, then I dont have to worry about re-doing over and over.

Have an appointment for next Friday. Will post some pics when done. I am just doing the hood, as I dont really care for the stripes down the tailgate.

A local shop will do vinyl for about $200, I think I will go that route, then I dont have to worry about re-doing over and over.

Have an appointment for next Friday. Will post some pics when done. I am just doing the hood, as I dont really care for the stripes down the tailgate.

That was going to be my advice. That's probably the best way to go if your looking for stripes without getting a new paint job

You should be able to find a local mom and pop body shop to spray them on, shouldn't cost more than 2-350...just my .03¢

Bro, you can buy enough vinyl to do about 3-4 sets of hood stripes for about $60. It really not hard to do. Worst case, you've got a few try's to get it right. :dontknow:

Give me a few, I'll find the link.

metro restyling

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back