plastic pieces on sides of grill /radiator

Why are wanting to put them back on? I know 5 of us here in Phoenix have taken ours off. As you mentioned, the more air the better.

Why are wanting to put them back on? I know 5 of us here in Phoenix have taken ours off. As you mentioned, the more air the better.

i didn't even know they were missing until my neighbor bought his from LA. When looking through the grill i don't think it looks finished although i could flat black everything so it looks right. i don't think body color should show through a grill

plus someone said it channeled the air through the radiator instead of acting like a big parachute so i thought it might help aero/cooling and aesthetics. Eventually i want to run the Nevada Open Road Challenge and the Silver State Classic Challenge, preferably several times by my 60th b-day.

i didn't even know they were missing until my neighbor bought his from LA. When looking through the grill i don't think it looks finished although i could flat black everything so it looks right. i don't think body color should show through a grill

Someone prior to me blacked out the red areas you could see on my truck even though it has the inserts. I like it. They also sprayed the stock chrome grill black. It looked good but the slightest Stonechip would knock the paint right off. I since changed to the black honeycomb grill the cheapo Dodge comes with.

plus someone said it channeled the air through the radiator instead of acting like a big parachute so i thought it might help aero/cooling and aesthetics. Eventually i want to run the Nevada Open Road Challenge and the Silver State Classic Challenge, preferably several times by my 60th b-day.

I would recommend putting them back in then.

sorry, i didn't describe them very well, just figured everyone knew what/where they were…..

Nope, mine didn't come with them. :dontknow:

If anybody has some for sale I know a few guys on the 3rd Gen non SRT side who want some. For me they'd just block my lights ;)

Last edited:
The guys on my other forum would love a picture with them installed. Because the topic was brought up specifically because they hate being able to see behind the grille and it's not blacked out.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back