PLEASE GIVE FEED BACK ON WEIRD TICKING ENGINE NOISE!!!

I changed the oil and let it run for about 10 mins. with the same ticking result. What do you mean by priming back up? (leting it run/idle?)

Before my 10 I had an 05' Tacoma Sport. Was a great and reliable truck, but the motor ticked horrendously. The more I accelerated, the worse the tick, just as your truck is doing. I know this is comparing a Toyota to a Dodge, but the local Toyota dealer told me my lifters were bad. If I were a betting man, I would say that is the same problem you're encountering. It sounds identical to the noise I was having.

Ok guys I know its been awhile since my original post but I finally had my truck looked at.It was the seat and guide under the valve that moved a fracion of a inch due to over heating. The mechanic is telling me that the best thing to do is have 2 remained heads installed for $3,500 a piece so $7,000 just for parts or the cheaper fix is to have the problem side head machined and seat/guide repaired for $2,500. Do you guys think the second option is a fair price for $2,500? Also would you guys recomend doing lifter and rocker replacement since he is in there? And why?

Ha turn around and walk away... go with Roe for under half the price.... You could probably do it yourself too

Ha turn around and walk away... go with Roe for under half the price.... You could probably do it yourself too

I wish I could do it myself man... Im not to mechanically inclined The mechanic said it is going to be about 15 hours of labor! That seemed like alot of time to me, does that amount of time add up to this type of job?:confused:

Getting into the heads is a bit of a PITA, but someone who knows what they're doing can probably do it for a flat rate or reduced labor charge. Hell, you could ship your truck to Venomous1 or JMB, plus the Roe heads, plus labor, and come out for less than 7k. Both V1 and JMB have by far some of the lowest labor rates for performance work you'll find. To ship my truck to Waco to V1 I was quoted between $729-$820. But I'm sure there's a good shop where you're at that can do the work, but just trying to throw some outside the box options out there.

I wish I could do it myself man... Im not to mechanically inclined The mechanic said it is going to be about 15 hours of labor! That seemed like alot of time to me, does that amount of time add up to this type of job?:confused:

You have two of the best Viper techs in your area (lower CA right?). Pay them to do it.

I responded to your other thread as well.. Google AC Performance and Specialty Performance Team for contact info.

Both are 5 Star

What kind of road where you on that you had to drive for FIVE minutes at over 260 degrees before you could pull over and shut the engine off to prevent a possible catastrophic engine failure?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back