Plow truck wanted...

Black1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for a plow truck. Ford or Chevy 3/4ton or 1 ton (single rear wheel) 4X4... ext/std/quad cab, is fine, doesn't matter to me. I would prefer a V8/V10 gas over a diesel, and would like a manual transmission and transfer case (lever on the floor). Southern trucks would be preferred, rust free.

Anyone have any leads??? Looking to pay less than $16k. I had a lead on a 2001 Ford F150 Ext Cab 4X4 w/ 5-speed and new tires... one owner FL truck w/ 120k miles for $3500 with a bad fuel pump... but the guy backed out of selling it. :(:mad: But that's ok, I would have had to put a smaller poly plow on it anyway, and I really need a 8' straight plow (looking at Boss Plows).

I would be willing to come out and pickup as long as it's not more than 1200miles away from MI or so.... any further, and I'd have to ship it. Thanks in advance guys. :rock:

Last edited:
my GMC is for sale, needs work, diesel thou, but a 454 swap might be cheaper then screwing with the diesel in it. $2000.

Sorry, Scoob... I should have mentioned... It must be running (and running good). The only reason I was going to buy the Ford in FL w/ the bad fuel pump was because it was sitting right outside my buddies shop and was about 3 minutes from my Folk's house. :eek:

I am utterly fascinated by snow plows! I am not kidding here! Are you thinking of starting up another business? I would love to drive a truck around and push snow! :D:D:D

I am not kidding Jake, check out my FB!LOL!

Good Luck! :)

would this fit the bill?

1999 DODGE RAM 2500HD 4X4
32,000 miles
FACTORY SPECS:
488 CUBIC INCH V-10 (310 H.P./500 TRQ.)
HEAVY DUTY PKG. (DANA 70 AND DANA 60 DIFFS.)
AUTO TRANS. WITH SHIFT ON THE FLY 241HD TRANSFER CASE
4:10 GEARS
TOW PKG. 13,000# (HEAVY DUTY COOLING,ALTERNATOR,BATTERY)
SPORT PKG.(FOGLIGHTS,QUAD HEAD LAMPS,COLORED KEYED BUMPERS)
INFINITY SOUND SYSTEM

ADDED MODS:
PAXTON SUPER CHARGER (EST. 460H.P./ 525 TRQ.)
BOOST AND FUEL PRESSURE GUAGES
MAGNUM PERFORMANCE THROTTLE BODY
MOPAR HEADERS
MAGNAFLOW MUFFLERS
K&N COLD AIR INTAKE
DUAL FRONT SHOCKS
MSD SPARK PLUG WIRES
AC/DC INVERTER

ADDED VISUAL MODS
TRIBAL FLAME PAINT
SPRAYED BED LINER
TOOL BOX
UTRA WHEELS
315/75/16 MICKEY THOMPSONS TIRES
FENDER FLARES
2" LEVELING KIT
SS SPEED GRILLE INSERT
PIONEER HEAD UNIT
MTX SUBWOOFER BOX (2-10" SUBS WITH AMP)
CARBON FIBER DASH OVERLAY,WHITE FACED GUAGE PANEL

Attachments

• small.jpg
    small.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 29
would this fit the bill?

1999 DODGE RAM 2500HD 4X4
32,000 miles
FACTORY SPECS:
488 CUBIC INCH V-10 (310 H.P./500 TRQ.)
HEAVY DUTY PKG. (DANA 70 AND DANA 60 DIFFS.)
AUTO TRANS. WITH SHIFT ON THE FLY 241HD TRANSFER CASE
4:10 GEARS
TOW PKG. 13,000# (HEAVY DUTY COOLING,ALTERNATOR,BATTERY)
SPORT PKG.(FOGLIGHTS,QUAD HEAD LAMPS,COLORED KEYED BUMPERS)
INFINITY SOUND SYSTEM

ADDED MODS:
PAXTON SUPER CHARGER (EST. 460H.P./ 525 TRQ.)
BOOST AND FUEL PRESSURE GUAGES
MAGNUM PERFORMANCE THROTTLE BODY
MOPAR HEADERS
MAGNAFLOW MUFFLERS
K&N COLD AIR INTAKE
DUAL FRONT SHOCKS
MSD SPARK PLUG WIRES
AC/DC INVERTER

ADDED VISUAL MODS
TRIBAL FLAME PAINT
SPRAYED BED LINER
TOOL BOX
UTRA WHEELS
315/75/16 MICKEY THOMPSONS TIRES
FENDER FLARES
2" LEVELING KIT
SS SPEED GRILLE INSERT
PIONEER HEAD UNIT
MTX SUBWOOFER BOX (2-10" SUBS WITH AMP)
CARBON FIBER DASH OVERLAY,WHITE FACED GUAGE PANEL

Be a shame to beat this one up with a plow job.:(

would this fit the bill?

Yes, I remember this truck. I thought you sold it???? How much do you want for it? Was this the salvage one? (I remember someone rebuilding one of these Dodges back from a flood... and they did a fantastic job! Can't remember if it was you or not. :confused::eek:)

To be honest, it's a little much (with the Supercharger) for what I need. But, I would be driving it in the summer pulling a utility trailer.

JR- The truck will not get abused as a plow truck. It won't see any real heavy parking lot work. It's going to be used to do driveways and the farm facility. They are all concrete or blacktop surfaces. And the plow will be a brand new model BOSS Trip-Edge (HERE). With this setup, jarring is a thing of the past, even if you hit a curb. :) Before being put into service, the entire chassis will be undercoated (I offer this service at my detail shop). Come spring, the truck will be fully detailed inside and out (including underneath) and all fluids will be changed. Then I can use it for the lawncare side of business. Whatever truck I buy will be the prettiest damn plow truck on earth. ;):D

Kris- I am taking over the "labor" end of my Father-In-Law's lawn business. He also wants to start offering plowing for his customers... and we need a plow truck for the farm property. So he will purchase the truck, and I will pay him back in 48 payments (no interest, and it can be on the farm fleet insurance). The plow package on the truck will be owned by the farm. He can write the whole rig off this year and I will have a truck to drive.

That is a nice looking set up Jake, Way better than the ones i saw in the 70's in Colo. Sounds like a good plan bro. :rock:

I am utterly fascinated by snow plows! I am not kidding here! Are you thinking of starting up another business? I would love to drive a truck around and push snow! :D:D:D

I am not kidding Jake, check out my FB!LOL!

Good Luck! :)

Lets see what you say after you have been up for a few days, shifted into reverse about 6000 times, and have lived on nothing but take out and coffee..add traffic, continual snow, and the boredom of late night radio...lol..

In the 80s I used to work for a land development company years ago, and plowed apt complexes, (try getting people to move their cars at 7am..hahaha) and commercial building lots, along with various residences..It gets really old after about the 2nd good snowstorm...

Then again I guess it cant be as bad as some of the flights you may have been on eh?...lol

what's your price range?

if you said it on page one...

yeah...i'm too lazy to hit the back button :D

You'd still be on "Page-1" if you'd change your user setting to be 40posts/page instead of 10.

But you're probably too lazy to do that!!!! :p

Yes, I remember this truck. I thought you sold it????

no,still have it...entertaining the idea of putting it up for sale again. clear title(not salvage)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back