Plug wire destruction

mr.goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like a jackass I tore my wires changing plugs. What is the best wire to replace with? I've looked at the JTsvp wires and the Davis Unified Ignition wire. Any advice?

i had great service from the Adams Quality Wires.

runnin Tony's now

did not know Davis had wires for our beasts

MSD or Jacobs or Davis are good. Intake will need removal sir. Leave it with me half a day, lol.

Like a jackass I tore my wires changing plugs. What is the best wire to replace with? I've looked at the JTsvp wires and the Davis Unified Ignition wire. Any advice?

all the wires today are basically equally good, we got away from a few brands such as msd and a few others, we have ours custom made locally now, they come with a year from date of purchase warranty thru jtsvp

I hated the msd wires. There was no way to tell when you actually snapped them down onto the plugs. Also they broke down terribly. I bought a set of jtsv wires, nice crisp snap when you push them onto the plug plus a silicone sheath for extra protection.

I hated the msd wires. There was no way to tell when you actually snapped them down onto the plugs. Also they broke down terribly. I bought a set of jtsv wires, nice crisp snap when you push them onto the plug plus a silicone sheath for extra protection.

Never had an issue with them on any vehicle I've used them on. Hmmm, maybe you had a bad batch. Who knows? I have 60k on mine and still not missing a lick and look brand new.

MSDs have less resistance than Adams' Quality Wires (looks like the JTSVP wires are the same material). I do like the look of the Adam's wires and they maybe more durable, but I would rather run something with less resistance.

Last edited:
MSDs have less resistance than Adams' Quality Wires (looks like the JTSVP wires are the same material). I do like the look of the Adam's wires and they maybe more durable, but I would rather run something with less resistance.

That's the name if the game! Less resistance with ability to still no produce radio noise for PCM and electronics. Less resistance=faster, hotter spark! :rock:

been running the jtsvp wires and coils for goign on 2 years now great wires.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the answers. I guess I'll start tearing her apart tomorrow. And Mr. Venomous. I would love to give you my valve covers and intake. I just don't have the funds right now. I've got a new number. 2549816102. Text me and we will talk digits. I might be able to swing it:D

Why not share with everyone for future reference?

I can think of one reason and I appreciate Joe keeping it to PM's. Otherwise it turns into a bashing contest

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back