Polished Intake?

I polished my intake my self. Im not done yet. Just need put on the last layer of wax and im good! :) I think mine looks as good as Tito's in the sun. Took me about 60 hours, only using my hands. Going to post some pictures once its mounted and i have painted my valvecovers :)
168702-5989e459ff81e465cfa0f8db0ace046f.jpg

What the avereg cost to polish the intake nd what kind of clear coat do you use

Think I have spent about 200 USD for this project. Im not using any clearcoat. Im going to use Meguairs NXT "ALL METAL POLYSH" once im done with the last layer of wax(some kind of polishing compound that make it shiny ^^ Dont know the exact name for it.). Waiting with it untill its time to install it.

Used a flap wheel to get the worst part over with. Then its all hands on! Used 400 grin to 2000 grin sandpaper. And after that its time to start polising with wax :)

Its a pain in the ass! So many smal places and I took a metal file on the intake to remove all the edges. Totaly worth the extra time!!!

Edit: If you maintain the polished intake with new metal polysh it will be easy to clean.

Last edited:
Think I have spent about 200 USD for this project. Im not using any clearcoat. Im going to use Meguairs NXT "ALL METAL POLYSH" once im done with the last layer of wax(some kind of polishing compound that make it shiny ^^ Dont know the exact name for it.). Waiting with it untill its time to install it.

Used a flap wheel to get the worst part over with. Then its all hands on! Used 400 grin to 2000 grin sandpaper. And after that its time to start polising with wax :)

Its a pain in the ass! So many smal places and I took a metal file on the intake to remove all the edges. Totaly worth the extra time!!!

Edit: If you maintain the polished intake with new metal polysh it will be easy to clean.

Very nice! Its definitely worth it and taking your time to get it just right and I agree as long as you clean it everytime you wash your truck it will always stay clean you can even spray your engine down with some water get any dirt off then use a soft rag/sponge and some solvent maybe even the same stuff you use to wash your car clean the intake dry it after spray some quick wax or use some polish..I say around $300 some places would do it plus then paying for shipping there and back if its not a local place.

I polished my intake my self. Im not done yet. Just need put on the last layer of wax and im good! :) I think mine looks as good as Tito's in the sun. Took me about 60 hours, only using my hands. Going to post some pictures once its mounted and i have painted my valvecovers :)
168702-5989e459ff81e465cfa0f8db0ace046f.jpg

Very nice Bergman:rock:

Only 300 USD to get it polished in the states? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

WHAT!

Costs like ~800 USD in sweden >_>

Only 300 USD to get it polished in the states? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

WHAT!

Costs like ~800 USD in sweden >_>

I know a guy who polishes here in New Jersey. When I showed him my intake, he didn't even want the job! He said he would have over $1,000 in time in it and he couldn't charge me that kind of money! $300 + Shipping is very cheap!

These are the coolest valve covers I have ever seen!! Are those your own creation or did you buy those somewhere?

Thankyou! I had eddie@proimaging he is a vendor does a lot of hydro dip work paint etc do them for me

Very nice! Its definitely worth it and taking your time to get it just right and I agree as long as you clean it everytime you wash your truck it will always stay clean you can even spray your engine down with some water get any dirt off then use a soft rag/sponge and some solvent maybe even the same stuff you use to wash your car clean the intake dry it after spray some quick wax or use some polish..I say around $300 some places would do it plus then paying for shipping there and back if its not a local place.

Where did you find that good deal? I have a few customers wanting this done but not at $800, lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back