Polishing Help?

GotRidOfTheHemiForThis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Paxton Polished Kit I bought off someone and it needs a lot of TLC to make it look nice again in my opinion. Can i re-polish the kit some how or can i send it off somewhere to make it sparkle again? :confused:

Yes, you can do it yourself but not exactly what you want to 'practice' on is it? ;) Your local yellow pages will list metal polishers or see if you have a local chromer. They'll either have full polishing services on site or know local person who does their polishing.

Chuck B said:
Yes, you can do it yourself but not exactly what you want to 'practice' on is it? ;) Your local yellow pages will list metal polishers or see if you have a local chromer. They'll either have full polishing services on site or know local person who does their polishing.

thought of that but am a little worried about 2 pieces of the kit which are the actual blower and the air cooler. They wont wreck them taking them apart right? Ive even considered calling paxton for there opinion? Are there any metal polishers on the board here?

Wenol and a porting and polishing kit and a shitload of time !!!!:rock:

I am doing that exact same thing to mine right now, or I was a couple of hours ago anyway. Just take it apart and start polishing. Shines up real nice. If there are any scratches in the metal though, you won't get them out by hand. The hard part is what to coat it with after it's polished so that I won't have to do this again! Keep in mind that I only have three and two half fingers left, so it ain't that hard for all you semi-normal folks! Lol.
Later,
Shawn

Stop by a local paint shop or even a truck stop , most have "bars" of polishing clay.

you need probably only a "green" bar. Red is for deep sctratches, white for final polishing.

then you need a couple pads, same deal, some are for cutting, some final polish.

Use a variable speed buffer or grinder, burn the pad on the bar, then to the polish.

be sure to wear a mask and very old cloths, ;) long sleeve shirts, and in a place where you can clean things up easy:D

slowly polish the metal, if you have deep scraches,the red will slowly take them out.

Stinker said:
Stop by a local paint shop or even a truck stop , most have "bars" of polishing clay.

you need probably only a "green" bar. Red is for deep sctratches, white for final polishing.

then you need a couple pads, same deal, some are for cutting, some final polish.

Use a variable speed buffer or grinder, burn the pad on the bar, then to the polish.

be sure to wear a mask and very old cloths, ;) long sleeve shirts, and in a place where you can clean things up easy:D

slowly polish the metal, if you have deep scraches,the red will slowly take them out.

Yea I used to be kind of a metal art freak when i was younger, but wont the metal become weaker on the tubing if you attempt that process on the decent scratches? I do mean some decent scratches too.:mad:

Does anyone have a print or instructions on how to dis-assemble the blower/air to water cooler if possible even?

I thought about saying screw it and to just send justin some pics and see it he could powder coat the whole kit ? might be kinda nice

YFever said:
I am doing that exact same thing to mine right now, or I was a couple of hours ago anyway. Just take it apart and start polishing. Shines up real nice. If there are any scratches in the metal though, you won't get them out by hand. The hard part is what to coat it with after it's polished so that I won't have to do this again! Keep in mind that I only have three and two half fingers left, so it ain't that hard for all you semi-normal folks! Lol.
Later,
Shawn

a simple thought meign buy a buffer ;) , i like my fingers personally:D

GotRidOfTheHemiForThis said:
Yea I used to be kind of a metal art freak when i was younger, but wont the metal become weaker on the tubing if you attempt that process on the decent scratches? I do mean some decent scratches too.:mad:

Does anyone have a print or instructions on how to dis-assemble the blower/air to water cooler if possible even?

I thought about saying screw it and to just send justin some pics and see it he could powder coat the whole kit ? might be kinda nice
depends on the depth of the scratch:D

best bet..........send it to justin, no more polishing:rock:

i have bars and wheels for sale that i can send to you give me a ring at work
203-730-8030(tri-state kenworth) ask for paul

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back