Pool Players

Big Perm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, I'm getting back into the sport.....been a few years, but now I got some spare time at night and a few extra dollars (divorce = good), so I wanna get to playing again....have joined a local APA team, but I can't find my stick since da beyotch moved back to Dallas....ie, she may have snagged it....

Anyway, been doing research....cues have gone up in the last 10 plus years....found a few I liked, but don't know jack about tips....if anybody has any experience on the different kinds of tips (not tips on shots, tips on the end of the cue) and how they play, I'd sincerely appreciate it....

Gracias,

Jason

Big Perm said:
Alright, I'm getting back into the sport.....been a few years, but now I got some spare time at night and a few extra dollars (divorce = good), so I wanna get to playing again....have joined a local APA team, but I can't find my stick since da beyotch moved back to Dallas....ie, she may have snagged it....

Anyway, been doing research....cues have gone up in the last 10 plus years....found a few I liked, but don't know jack about tips....if anybody has any experience on the different kinds of tips (not tips on shots, tips on the end of the cue) and how they play, I'd sincerely appreciate it....

Gracias,

Jason

Sorry Jason, I can't help you, but neither did I want to be a Turd Licker.:eek:

I haven't played in about 15 years, but I do remember that the glued on tips are much better than the screw-on crap.

Jason,
I can't help you myself, but my brother Brad shoots pool 2 nights a week in leagues. He's pretty damn good. Drop him an email at [email protected] maybe he can help.

Jeff

Used to play too... Let me ask some of my bro's that still do...

I have been in the market for a new table. And a new cue...... I ONLY play with Viking Cues. :dontknow: Stock tips are awesome on those. I had a $600 Viking stick, but I broke it over a guys head in a fight at the pool hall some years back. :( :eek:

I used to shoot in leagues, but that has been a long time, I don't even have my own cue anymore. To be honest I was never really picky about the tips, hell, I can shoot pretty good with the crooked ass bar cues with practically no tips. But as someone said earlier stick with glue on tips, unless they have made progress with the screw ins that I'm not aware of.

Black1 said:
Used to play too... Let me ask some of my bro's that still do...

I have been in the market for a new table. And a new cue...... I ONLY play with Viking Cues. :dontknow: Stock tips are awesome on those. I had a $600 Viking stick, but I broke it over a guys head in a fight at the pool hall some years back. :( :eek:

I'm a Viking man myself, and I've been doing a lot of research over the last couple of weeks....found some good buys, let me know if you need any help.....cheapcues.com has an easy format and numerous brands to look at, including the full Viking line......I'll be pulling the trigger on a cue in the next few days.....

Thanks guys.....I had a chance to chat with a few locals last night.....most people seem to either prefer Moori tips or the old Triangle tips, if any of you wondered....this also matched some online research on a couple of pool forums...

I really appreciate all the help....

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back