Popping noise

It's not hard to remove these transmissions, ask E. He had his in and out in about 2 hours Saturday night. Pull it out and take a look, but like the others said your clutch took a permanent vacation.

just for S&G's call the closest Dodge house with your VIN & see if she has any kind of warranty on her:rock::dontknow::rock:

or get in touch with The Mopar Connection. he can check it for ya:rock:

Last edited:
I have seen this a few times. What gear did you miss? The clutch over reved and came apart, I did this at the track when I miss third and went back to first. Even though I didnt let the clutch out. Same thing happen to a friends only he put his in first as he rolled of the freeway at 65mph. It spinns the input shaft up to 10k rpm the clutch is only good for about 7500.

new clutch and flywheel will set you back about 500$ labor should be cheap 2-3 hour job unless stuff is really fubared.

I have seen this a few times. What gear did you miss? The clutch over reved and came apart, I did this at the track when I miss third and went back to first. Even though I didnt let the clutch out. Same thing happen to a friends only he put his in first as he rolled of the freeway at 65mph. It spinns the input shaft up to 10k rpm the clutch is only good for about 7500.

new clutch and flywheel will set you back about 500$ labor should be cheap 2-3 hour job unless stuff is really fubared.

I was in 6th goin 70 and i would try to step on it and it wld just rev up and then it just reved up and popped and that was it.

I was in 6th goin 70 and i would try to step on it and it wld just rev up and then it just reved up and popped and that was it.

You just wore your clutch out then, if it was slipping and you kept reving it it built heat till it explodifyied.

Yea prolly just sucks cuz im fairly new to area and have no shop or tools or friends to help out.

There is nothing special about changing our clutchs, you should be able to find someone cheap. If you were closer I would just tell you to bring it by and we could do it on my lift.I have done it some many times its not even funny.

A clutch exploding is rare but not a huge problem, and easy enough to fix. You did get lucky I have seen the do some major damage, and I beleave a forum member here had his explode and it totaled the truck.

There is nothing special about changing our clutchs, you should be able to find someone cheap. If you were closer I would just tell you to bring it by and we could do it on my lift.I have done it some many times its not even funny.

A clutch exploding is rare but not a huge problem, and easy enough to fix. You did get lucky I have seen the do some major damage, and I beleave a forum member here had his explode and it totaled the truck.

Cheapest i have found is 1100. I mite just have someone from home come pick it up and drag it to a friends shop back home which is 6 hrs away

no help from Dodge???

Man I hate this for you. I hope you can find a fairly inexpensive clutch and install. This concerns me with 74k and many track passes on my stocker. Would you say there were any signs recently now looking back?

Man I hate this for you. I hope you can find a fairly inexpensive clutch and install. This concerns me with 74k and many track passes on my stocker. Would you say there were any signs recently now looking back?
You can tell when clutch disc is worn when you try to give it gas on the highway in 6th and it slips ;)
You can't drive like a maniac and expect it to last.

He claims he babys it but it was likely prior owner. It has no mods.

Maybe Kwik Lube can fix it.
Lmfao

Yea i wld give it gas on highway and it wld just rev up.

I do baby it everyone tells me why i bought it then. I say for looks and incase i ever do need it. Yea prior owner didnt really know wat he had and he told me about a video he posted on you tube under viperjoe so i know he treated it like crap

any news/updates????

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back