Ported n polished TB

Misterhemi03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my quest for affordable mods, I am going to pull my TB, and dremel the center blade so it is smoother. I'm gonna take pics and let ya know how it works out.

Misterhemi03 said:
In my quest for affordable mods, I am going to pull my TB, and dremel the center blade so it is smoother. I'm gonna take pics and let ya know how it works out.

FstJack is the master of this.....PM him.....

Here ya go brother, dont do like Jack did and go a little too far:p

You can take surprisingly large amounts off the bottom side, the truck want pick up too much on top , but will feel tons more responsive:D

oh and be sure to mark your blades bro, tape off the area where they close with a thin piece so you dont mess up that area, it can be disastrous if ya do

Stinker said:
Here ya go brother, dont do like Jack did and go a little too far:p

You can take surprisingly large amounts off the bottom side, the truck want pick up too much on top , but will feel tons more responsive:D

oh and be sure to mark your blades bro, tape off the area where they close with a thin piece so you dont mess up that area, it can be disastrous if ya do
No gain for all the pain.

J.R.

At the point you are at now there is still a huge amount of material that needs to be removed. You have changed the shape of the flow ring/venturi, it needs to be taken all the way down to make the TB work at this point. What you have done is disrupted the air flow and this will have a negative impact on air flow.

You are a hero to attempt this with a dremel tool.

The pic I put up shows the absolut maximum that can be done. You do not need to go quite this far but close to it.

Attachments

• Ported Throttle Body SRT10 003.jpg
    Ported Throttle Body SRT10 003.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 130
I went thru 2 grinding wheels so far. Thing looks freaking mint!
Cant wait till I'm done, then Im gonna polish the outside also. Cant wait to put it back on.

Stinker said:
Sorry bro , but I got plenty of gain for my pain,
I was there when Jack's was dyno'ed and there was no hp gain. Probably got more throttle response, But hard to tell on the dyno.

J.R.

Stinker said:
I was there when I had mine dynoed and got an 8hp gain at the rear wheels, and I could see it on the dyno
I can't argue with that. Glad you got something with it.

J.R.

Had to come back and apologize dont meant to be a prick, just a bad day for me, sometimes family just sucks at holidays:mad:

But you are correct, Patty didnt see any gains on his, maybe due to FI, but when I had Joannes QC in San Antonio dropping off my RC, we dynoed her's with and without, and if my memory is correct which it rarely is it was between 6-8 gain. but hers is NA also.

By the way MisterHemi03 killer job bro! Looks like fun! and how many beers has it taken so far!:D

Thats the hard part of the whole project:idea: . Beer, started working on the truck and then realized I didnt have any beer.:marchmellow: I had just come back with some wings from Hooters though. My TB was still hot when I started buzzing away at it.:D
Wouldve taken the beater, but I had to get a new battery for that. So I was stuck home until the wife got back.

Misterhemi03 said:
Thats the hard part of the whole project:idea: . Beer, started working on the truck and then realized I didnt have any beer.:marchmellow: I had just come back with some wings from Hooters though. My TB was still hot when I started buzzing away at it.:D
Wouldve taken the beater, but I had to get a new battery for that. So I was stuck home until the wife got back.

Well day 2, and what is the progress ?

These jobs take a lot of time to do..................

Yeah they do. TB is back on the truck, and looks alot better than b4. I have my camera somewhere around here to load some finished pics.

Driving results: Touchy throttle, I guess you could say better throttle repsonse.:cool: Its feels instant now. Other than that its hard to tell if I got any power out of it. Just by the looks it can def flow more air than b4. Polishing the outside also makes it look better on the motor. Total time spent: pulling the CAI and TB= 10 mins Porting=6 hrs Polishing/cleaning=30 mins.

Was it worth it? Depends on how much time, money, and motivation you have. Sure looks better and I feel an improvement(small, but still an improvement). Knowing that I did it myself is the most satisfying part.:beer:

Back