Portland tuning trip Feb 17/18

505'sFastestViper. said:
no such thing as too much boost!!!!!!!!!!!

if ya gots more air than fuel ya do:five: :rock:

505'sFastestViper. said:
no such thing as too much boost!!!!!!!!!!!
Haha, funny i was thinking the same thing as I was reading your post.:D

well hell.......:eek: :eek: :eek:

been lookin for that power stroke that, i believe, was runnin 100 lbs of boost.

the engine is in 3 chunks:p :p :p

SHU-DOG said:
What would just letting the blow-off valve do its job?

Or does it create tooo much heat and other problems?

The system doesn't use a blow-off valve. The supercharged systems typically employ a bypass valve. The first type of valve opens to relieve pressure beyond a certain pressure, and the other remains open until the boost is needed (open at idle, then again during deceleration). This relieves the back-pressure on the compressor, which prevents compressor surge (harmful to the compressor).

Adding a blow-off valve with a boost controller is possible. I believe this is the setup that FSTJACK has on his red truck.

Ram From Hell said:
Adding a blow-off valve with a boost controller is possible. I believe this is the setup that FSTJACK has on his red truck. .
I have a blow off valve for eliminating pressure when the throttle is closed.

I also have a waste gate in the system that is CO2 powered and uses an electronic boost controller.
With this setup I can regulate boost to any level I want, with any boost output created by the blower.
I have complete control over the boost pressure just like a turbo would have with a boost controller.
The boost controller I am using is an AMS1000.

FSTJACK said:
I have a blow off valve for eliminating pressure when the throttle is closed.

I also have a waste gate in the system that is CO2 powered and uses an electronic boost controller.
With this setup I can regulate boost to any level I want, with any boost output created by the blower.
I have complete control over the boost pressure just like a turbo would have with a boost controller.
The boost controller I am using is an AMS1000.

OK - so how do the waste gate n blow off valve differ?
Pics of your seteup to show differentiation?

Thanks SHU

A waste gate is used with a turbo and bleeds off the exhaust gases to the turbo to control boost. I just allows some of the exhaust to bypass the turbo.

Silverback said:
A waste gate is used with a turbo and bleeds off the exhaust gases to the turbo to control boost. I just allows some of the exhaust to bypass the turbo.

...and the blow off valve bleeds off pressure beyond a set level at the intake manifold.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back