POS OEM Wire Separators

80boboli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How in the hell do i get the plastic OEM wire separators off of the wires. My goal tonite it to change the plugs but i do not have enough slack between the boot and the plastic piece of junk to pull the boot off.

I plan on changing them any way but the tips look like they were put through a kiln and the tips look like they could fracture. i do not know if they are the original plugs or not but the truck has 25000 on it.

Also do i need to put the separators back on or can i just leave them off until i get billet ones? they really look like shit.

any help is appreciated.

There is a little spot at the top of the separators, put a small flat head in there and pry it up. It's just like a plastic clip, pops right open.

and it is totally necessary to put them back on or will the wires stay put without the separators?

80boboli said:
and it is totally necessary to put them back on or will the wires stay put without the separators?

I would not risk it with the stock wires, they will melt if they make contact with the headers, they are not the best, when I changed my plugs at 20k 2 of the wires broke. If your doing the plugs you should upgrade the wires to some high temp ones.

Lol I got Tony's wires but those will burn some if they touch the headers without Tony's heat protector boots......Ask me how I know....go ahead, ask ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back