Possible addition

sirhc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Im going to look at a second toy this weekend, had been waiting for the right 60s mustang. I found this and its growing on me the more I look at it.

http://www.automaniacs.com/68camaro/68camaro.htm

What things should I look for other than the obvious on this car? Does the price look right, Im thinking I should make a lower offer since they have had it for awhile.

I also found this

http://www.automaniacs.com/70superbee/70superbee.htm

It not my style but I figured a few of you would enjoy. They generally have nice cars on consignment and are very straight forward on any issues. They are sales people though so let me know what you all think.

Thanks all,

Chris

One thing to look for on the Camaro is rust in the bottom corners of the rear window area.

I may be wrong, but the price seems a little high for a clone.

Clone? Does that mean that it was originally just a Camaro, but they put the badges and stripes to make it look like an SS???

It is sweet looking!!!! I LOVE 67 & 68 Camaros!!!!!!

ntw0rk said:
Clone? Does that mean that it was originally just a Camaro, but they put the badges and stripes to make it look like an SS???

It is sweet looking!!!! I LOVE 67 & 68 Camaros!!!!!!

Yep, that's what it means. It's not a numbers matching car, and probably started life as a 6 cylinder car.

price is high for a clone by brother just sold a numbers matching 69ss that was as perfect as you can get one for 20k all original 350 4sp a clone should be able to be had for 15 to 20.

Some pretty cool stuff on that site..Some of it overpriced, some not bad..I would love to have an old street rod..Like the dodge bros pickup..

Thanks everyone. I have looked at a few 65-67 mustang fastbacks that they had. I was going to wait for that, they just never have any with 351s that I like. They will work on the price when you are there since it is a consignment shop. That car has been there for a few so the owner may be willing to come off the price. They also have trucks and there is an SRT listed in that section as well.

Chris

Man, I would take the Bee.......

But the price, this is getting out of control.

Yep, that's high for a NOM car.... Should be around $12-$15k. Looks like an older , incomplete referb/resto.

Nice looking car tho! See if they will deal. :)

They're waiting for a sucker on that Camaro. It's way over priced. I think $15k is about right unless it is incredibly clean and many parts are new.

sirhc76 said:
So Im going to look at a second toy this weekend, had been waiting for the right 60s mustang. I found this and its growing on me the more I look at it.

http://www.automaniacs.com/68camaro/68camaro.htm

What things should I look for other than the obvious on this car? Does the price look right, Im thinking I should make a lower offer since they have had it for awhile.

I also found this

http://www.automaniacs.com/70superbee/70superbee.htm

It not my style but I figured a few of you would enjoy. They generally have nice cars on consignment and are very straight forward on any issues. They are sales people though so let me know what you all think.

Thanks all,

Chris
What does it mean its a Clone?

for $25,000 get with dennis and buy his 69 firebird...it is sweet 454 big block...fast as hell...ground up restoration...hell you can eat off of the BOTTOM of his car

CLONE: vehicle that started as a base model & has been "enhanced' to look like a performance version of a specific model. ex. base model Coronet modified to look like a Coronet R/T or Super Bee.

Glad you pointed the brakes out, I hadnt noticed this. I think it would be a smack in the face to offer them half of what they are asking, I guess it couldnt hurt. Clone has different meanings to people.

Brakes are not power either. I tried buying a 70 SS Chevelle from them about 3 years ago. Had a 3rd party take a look at the car because I was 1500 miles away. Needless to say, I didn't buy from them. Be very careful.

Back