Possible engine damage?

36viper

Reaction score
The 05 10 going into my coupe came from a rear ended truck that had been written off.Has done 20k miles.When we went to mount the motor in the chassis on the original mounts,we found they were cracked,so it must have had a good hit.No external damage on the motor or trans.Can someone please tell me if it is likely to have suffered any internal damage?Don't want to fire it up and have it go bang.

Cheers,David.

other than droppin the pan & checkin. might want to check crankshaft end play.
if there is a place close to ya that know the T-56 might want them to check it while its out.
were the mounts broke forward, like it was pushed forward or were they broke backwards like the force of the hit tried to push the chassis forward???

I would pull the spark plugs and turn it over to be sure no oil or gas is in the cylinders. If it turns easily fire it up.

Thanks for the help.Mounts look like the chassis got rammed forward and the motor stayed where it was.Will pull plugs and check it turns over ok.Any doubt and I'll drop the pan.Once again thanks.
Not much info here in NZ.
Trying to get pics of a local viper that has a custom TWIN supercharger set up that was built here for you to view.
Once again,thanks for the help...great site.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back