possible heat issue---???

shorty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just drove the new toll road in Texas, the one with 85 mph posted. At 75 my heat registered 195, at 80 it jumped to 200 to 210 and at 85 mph it went to 220. When I dropped the speed back down to 75 mph the head dropped accordingly. This is both the dash gauge and the pod gauge. Is this normal and at what temp should I be concerned? :dontknow: The outside temp was 99 most of the time. Thanks for any advice.

Yessir, that's too warm for me! Something is not working correctly in your cooling system it sounds. Possible blockage in radiator? Grass, plastic bags etc? Don't like seeing temps that high coolant or oil. :(
Where does temp ride normally? Does it fluctuate or stay the same usually?
"Old Man" drives too dang fast, lol. Cheap start would be replacing radiator cap. Check that fluid is to cap level when swapping. Of course endure engine has cooled sufficiently before opening radiator.

Yessir, that's too warm for me! Something is not working correctly in your cooling system it sounds. Possible blockage in radiator? Grass, plastic bags etc? Don't like seeing temps that high coolant or oil. :(
Where does temp ride normally? Does it fluctuate or stay the same usually?
"Old Man" drives too dang fast, lol. Cheap start would be replacing radiator cap. Check that fluid is to cap level when swapping. Of course endure engine has cooled sufficiently before opening radiator.

As always great advice,keep up the good work.:rock:

Oil temp was 220 or below. Usually runs at 185 to 200, never higher.

Will replace cap but when I fill radiator it always boils out to 1-1 1/2 inch low. Fill it up and on the ground after first drive. Not in the overflow jug but on the ground. Overflow jug stays at about 1 inch. :dontknow:

Yea that's not good. I would pressure check the system for leaks then bleed it to begin with.

not normal

and trust me I just cooked my motor, to the tune of a $24,800 repair bill, so you will want to get that figured out - but my temps pegged the gauges

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back