Possible lemon? Need advice

You bought a used car, plain and simple.

The inspection means nothing and of course they are not going to discuss the issues found with you.

In the state of Florida..."Second, each state has what are called Unfair and Deceptive Acts and Practices (UDAP) laws. If the dealer has, for example, made verbal promises or didn't tell you about issues relating to your used car, you may have a cause of action."

I think they would need to tell me anything they found, correct me if I'm wrong.

-Jason

I wasn't aware they could legally just withhold information about the vehicle and just pick and choose what they want to advertise or tell the consumer about. Perhaps I don't know my rights as a buyer as well as I should?

No they can't

it's called a certified for a reason, meaning somebody looked over the car/truck and found no LEAKS from a tranny. rear dif leaking. or anything else.

Reason why dealerships get screwed is cause they are getting what they give to other people to profit.

I had a dealer screw me out of a tranny that was new under 8xxx on it. I had to pay 5K out of pocket for a new one, cause the shady stuff the guy at the service dept pulled.

Never find any love for a car dealer from me. Not saying everyone there is out to get you, but............most of them are.

In the state of Florida..."Second, each state has what are called Unfair and Deceptive Acts and Practices (UDAP) laws. If the dealer has, for example, made verbal promises or didn't tell you about issues relating to your used car, you may have a cause of action."

I think they would need to tell me anything they found, correct me if I'm wrong.

-Jason

Dude any person that has a decent mind who would not be able to sleep at night would of told you.

If someone knew of this and didnt say anything, well POS comes to my mind.

You bought a used car, plain and simple.

The inspection means nothing and of course they are not going to discuss the issues found with you. If they do then you are just going to expect them all to be repaired for nothing.

We have people who expect the same b.s. here with our used equipment we sell. Just because it is being sold at a dealer doesnt mean that it is going to be gone through with a fine tooth comb and every little thing repaired.

People expect top dollar for trades, then we have to turn around and sell this shit for a profit, every penny spent means our end price goes up. If prices are too high people bitch or dont buy.

Sorry for the rant, had some asshole come in and waste my time buying a 1970 New Holland P.O.S. manure spreader for $1750 and it was like he expected a brand new machine. We sell new ones for over 100K, so you can imagine how excited we are when dealing with this kinda stuff.

Good luck, I hope they help you out but I doubt it.

And no offense, but no one made you or any other dealership accept trade-ins. If a dealer of any sort of equipment or automobile doesn't want to deal with trade-ins and profit margins associated with doing the right thing and selling buyers quality used items then you shouldn't accept used items. It's your mentality that results in people getting screwed because businesses willingly take in items and then don't want to put up with the customer when they call you out on the item having problems. I certainly wouldn't go into a place bitching about something that is older than me, but I will put up a fight on something that is only 6 years old and was sold under the guise of having been thoroughly inspected, especially when the dealer threw it in my face that the CarFax for the SRT-10 was better than the one for my Ram, so they flaunted that I was trading in for a superior vehicle. You bet your butt I'm going to fight this tooth and nail.

-Jason

Jason,

Don't let us get you all wound up. A calm head will get you a lot more than reacting on what we say here. Keep in mind that trade-ins are just an avenue to move merchandise.

I know my approach may not be the best and I say things that aren't always clear.

It's all about moving product, get em in, get em excited, get the signature, then find a new sale.

Wish I could help, sorry

I did find your truck on the registry (I think) I saw it for sale for 20k with 103k miles back on 08/07/2011. Not much of an investment considering what some of us paid. A few grand to get her in top shape, it was still a steal.

Vj

Last edited:
Vj, yep that should be my truck, that's when I purchased it. After trade in and knocking them down a couple of grand because of some interior/exterior things I got it for just over $17k and also purchased a warranty.

-Jason

C'MON MAN

I'm sitting on the edge of my wheelchair with baited or bated (abated is where it started) breath.

You gotta let us know what happened...please. ;)

lol, simmer down! Basically nothing came of it. I ended up replacing all 4 shocks, rotors and pads, got the brake fluid flushed and replaced, tranny fluid flushed and replaced. I replaced stock oil cooler lines with Tony's braided lines and oil changed. A radiator hose popped off while being pulled into the maintenance bay, so dealer did a radiator flush and fluid replacement for free. I've also gotten the spark plugs replaced and new JTSVP plug wires. Wheels I got smoothed out and powdercoated flat black. Front bumper and driver side rear quarter panel got banged up from errant drivers, so got all that fixed and repainted. all in all, the truck is doing well. It really just needed some love and some normal wear and tear type mainteance. It now has 122k miles and a few road trips hauling ~800lbs due to military moves and it's still running strong (or at least it was before I put it in the garage for my deployment), so hopefully it still runs when I get back!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back