possible new 05 RC owner

armykyle1

Reaction score
I looked over the "what to look for thread" and I was wondering if there anything else I need to look at?

I'm looking to get the truck this week. It's an 05 RC with navi. Mods are k&n, borla car back, center force clutch, fidanza flywheel and tune. The truck has 115k on it, a little more miles that I'd like but it's a good price. I've been a gear head for a while, so I know most of what to look for in general. Maybe not a few things specific to these trucks though. I hope it works out.

Welcome to the VTCoA! Good luck on your purchase.

Welcome from California. I'd look into the power steering lines as those are known to be the weakest link on these trucks.

Make sure you do a compression & leak down tests. Also read the old spark plugs when they come out. Be careful removing the plug wires. If any are damaged the intake manifold must come off to get at the other end.

Thanks for the input guys! I'm going to test drive it this weekend. I'll make sure I check all that when I see it. He's changing the plugs, I'll ask him to bring them with him.

Thanks for the input guys! I'm going to test drive it this weekend. I'll make sure I check all that when I see it. He's changing the plugs, I'll ask him to bring them with him.

The time to do the 2 tests is when the plugs are out. Make sure he labels the old plugs as to what cylinder they came out of. The first Dodge dealer I worked for had us do a compression test on all trade in inspections. No matter how many miles or how good it ran.

Check front brake wear pattern. the calipers tend to seize up . and wheel bearings in the front . Easy to fix but good to know what you are getting into and can adjust the price once you find some issues. :) make sure the driveshaft hasn't rubbed on the exhaust hanger. there is one that is close to the drive shaft and if not careful could rub the aluminum driveshaft. hmmm..... cruise control plastic vacuum line will deteriorate with the heat from headers. If the plastic line get real brittle from the heat.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back