Potential Hall of Shame Addition - Hyper Audio

94rt10ohio said:
FYI, the weather stripping was probably ripped before you took it to them. It is a flaw from the factory that is cover under warranty.
I was trying to say it was not ripped before they got it. But I understand they are a victim of circumstance in this instance. I'm going to have it fixed monday and will not hold them (hyper audio) responsible for it.

But anyway, I've tried a few more times to contact the manager with no luck but it is saturday. I'll try again monday and COC will be open then too.

I am going through a very similar situation with CountryWide Financial (a worthless mortgage company).

Their corporate office seems to think that a private individual can not make enough noise in the public to hurt their business... image, etc.. so I have set out on a personal mission...

The website is not finished.. but its a start:

http://www.countrywide-financial-sucks.info

That sucks pyro. Hope you get something resolved.

And for those interested in my venture. Katy Chamber of Commerse does not have them listed as a member so I can't find the owner's info there. Then I tried the BBB and they do not have them as a member but they do have them listed with one unanswered complaint and aparently they changed owners back sometime during '06.
No word for the manager yet. His cell rings two or three times and goes to voicemail (probably screening my calls at this point) I called the shop and he is suposed to be in work around 1 PM today so maybe I'll know something new then if I'm lucky.

I've also updated the page relating to this whole issue so its easier to follow and added some more to it.
http://www.SickSRT.com/hyper

And if you dont want to read all the junk I put on there I made a summary too. 'You' is refering to Ralph, the manager of Hyper Audio. This was typed to be directed at him.

In summary:
You refused to give me any documentation and did not fully uphold our implied verbal agreement.

You drove my truck 150 miles without consent.

My vehicle incured extensive minor damages from you and your employees and was left unprotected outside and subjected to the elements for extended durations.

Work that was completed was unprofessional or had results as such and.

I have photo documented a number of cases suggesting negligence, carelessness and unprofessional quality and general disrespect for a client's personal property.

My truck nearly burned to the ground due to faulty wireing.

And you will not give me the owner's contact information.

Financially I have $12,000 + $1300 head unit plus untold travel expenses and WEEKS of time out of my schedule to be involved in this project. Not to mention the undue stress and agrivation from this whole ordeal. I deserve customer satisfaction.

Try looking up their records via your Corporation Commissions... here in AZ all registered companies that are of Inc, Corp, etc.. (except sole propriteors) are listed with who the Corp Commisson, contacts, who you serve when you sue them, etc..

Scott.

Azmal said:
That sucks pyro. Hope you get something resolved.

And for those interested in my venture. Katy Chamber of Commerse does not have them listed as a member so I can't find the owner's info there. Then I tried the BBB and they do not have them as a member but they do have them listed with one unanswered complaint and aparently they changed owners back sometime during '06.
No word for the manager yet. His cell rings two or three times and goes to voicemail (probably screening my calls at this point) I called the shop and he is suposed to be in work around 1 PM today so maybe I'll know something new then if I'm lucky.

I've also updated the page relating to this whole issue so its easier to follow and added some more to it.
http://www.SickSRT.com/hyper

And if you dont want to read all the junk I put on there I made a summary too. 'You' is refering to Ralph, the manager of Hyper Audio. This was typed to be directed at him.

In summary:
You refused to give me any documentation and did not fully uphold our implied verbal agreement.

You drove my truck 150 miles without consent.

My vehicle incured extensive minor damages from you and your employees and was left unprotected outside and subjected to the elements for extended durations.

Work that was completed was unprofessional or had results as such and.

I have photo documented a number of cases suggesting negligence, carelessness and unprofessional quality and general disrespect for a client's personal property.

My truck nearly burned to the ground due to faulty wireing.

And you will not give me the owner's contact information.

Financially I have $12,000 + $1300 head unit plus untold travel expenses and WEEKS of time out of my schedule to be involved in this project. Not to mention the undue stress and agrivation from this whole ordeal. I deserve customer satisfaction.

That is a pitifull excuse of a custom install!!! I would be one mad sob. Good luck getting it resolved!

As others have said, get a lawyer involved. Or, take the money that you would spend on a lawsuit, buy a billboard near their location and let everyone in the area know what pieces of $hit they are.

The other option is to take your truck to a show where they are going to be a vendor and get a booth right next to them. Make a nice big display of the photos you have on the web and/or put big red arrows directly on the truck pointing out all the shoddy work along with a blown up copy of the invoice for crap work. Let their potential customers see what kind of work they do first hand.

If all else fails, call in the SICKNESS!!! :rock: :D

Post your story and pics on - RipOffReport.com, and then print out the story, find out their fax number, and start sending it to them, along with copies going to local news stations, papers, etc...

Does your local area of a "News on your Side" show at night time? Contact them.

I had a situation with a RV Dealer that sold me a lemon.. (spend 9 of the 11 months I owned it in the shop!!!)... so I finally bought some large 6" black vinyl letters and put on the backside of the unit.... "Company Name.. sells Lemons... etc.." and proceeded to drive around the block of their location for hours on end....

Then made copies of the RipOffReport, in bright Yellow, and distributed them to all their competitors in the area...

Needless to say.. I got my money back... it was close to $40k...

I did in fact get a hold of the manager at last today and he has seen the page I put up but he is very reluctant to tell me anything on what he wants to do. He said he was busy with customers and wanted time to review all the details and that he'd get back with me as soon as he could. *shrug* He keeps putting me off but I dont think he understand his situation... I'll give him another day or two before I start with the threats. I'd like to have a calm working relation rather than "Give me $##,###.## to fix my truck or X will happen" but if things dont work out... BBB here I come, along with every forum within 400 miles of houston, any national or local car club/show forum, heck maybe I'll even call in the INS to make sure they're all legal, and the IRS for questionable business practices, and I like the billboard idea, good one. Oh yeah, I'll come up with some mean stuff to do. But again, I'm a rational and relaxed kinda guy so I want to see what kind of dealings can be made in a civil fashion.

I paid them the first time I picked the truck up with the understanding that there were things that had to be fixed and redone. They had my truck for a good 5-6 months (was quoted about a month) and I had to leave to go to Arizona for 2 months on business. During those 2 months, I left my door panels to be done, which they weren't even though they said they were working on them, later I dropped my truck off again to have it redone, much later after much more agrivation and keeping their phone hot it was finally ready. And those pics show the state it was in.

update - Got an email from the manager yesterday saying he needed more time to cover all the material and reply to each example or something to that effect... Which translated probably means he needs more time to mount his defense. If thats the case I'll begin to show my agrivation lol. I'll call him this evening sometime and see what he's come up with, if anything. Wish me luck fellas, I need it at this point.

I can't disagree with that at all. I'm thinking he is stalling but getting a lawyer when I'm out of state is such an ordeal, and the guy's wife is a lawyer so he has no fees. If anyone in Texas knows of a good lawyer that will actually talk with me over the phone for a few minutes instead of having me come in from TN, that'd be awesome.

Azmal said:
I can't disagree with that at all. I'm thinking he is stalling but getting a lawyer when I'm out of state is such an ordeal, and the guy's wife is a lawyer so he has no fees. If anyone in Texas knows of a good lawyer that will actually talk with me over the phone for a few minutes instead of having me come in from TN, that'd be awesome.

Write him a certified restricted letter, return receipt.

Notice of Intent to Sue, advise him of the consequenses, give him a specific date to reply by, and follow through with your demands.

You can do a search on the business here, find out who the principals are, etc.. but it appears they charge you $1.00 per search.. but it might be worth to get around the manager..

http://www.sos.state.tx.us/corp/sosda/index.shtml

I'm not really quite sure what that site is for. It searches for business records or something like that right? Which might/probably have the owner's name & info? totally worth a buck lol I'll look into that shortly
Apreiciate it

Azmal said:
I'm not really quite sure what that site is for. It searches for business records or something like that right? Which might/probably have the owner's name & info? totally worth a buck lol I'll look into that shortly
Apreiciate it

Basically this site is much like the Corporation Commission (Office of Corporate and Business Records). You can enter a business name, find out what type of business they have - (ie: LLC, Sole Proprietor, Corp, etc..), it should list their statutory agent (who is served legal documents on behalf of the business), there corporate records (which will show who owns the business, etc).

Ours here in AZ is free to use.. and provides some excellent background information on a company.

BTW - if a person is listed as the "General Manager", that usually means they are a LLC, and that person "is the founder or owner", its a way for them to hide behind the company.

Now in a case of fraud (which this is not), you can pierce the corporate vale, and go after the prinipals (owners directly.. etc..), but here this is just a case of negligence.. which given the pictures will be easy to prove.

Now if the company is a sole proprietorship, there is "one owner", and he/she is not protected (meaning you can go after their personal assets).

Going what you have gone through, if this goes to court.. the judge will easily see negligence..

Some else to look at...you may be able to file in your state.. as here in AZ you can file suit on these grounds: Where the event occured, or where YOU live at... if you can do this.. then he as the defendant will have to travel to your state to defend himself.

wow dude thats incredible information right there. mmmmm info does a brain good.:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

azpyroguy said:
Some else to look at...you may be able to file in your state.. as here in AZ you can file suit on these grounds: Where the event occured, or where YOU live at... if you can do this.. then he as the defendant will have to travel to your state to defend himself.

Oh my god that would be incredible, you have no idea, if I could file suit here in TN, that would also mean that his wife couldn't defend him (Texas Barr). and he'd have to pony up for lawyer fees on a case he's likely to loose and my roomate, she has all sorts of connections here in TN. I would be so golden, I'm going to look into that.

*General update - Talked to the manager on the phone a bit ago. He's still stalling but it actually sounded like he's giving all that stuff I put on that web page some thought but he skips all the major stuff and his main argument is that he doesn't think his employees did some of those damages. So I sent him a tame but relatively nasty email just now.
I dont know if I will get anything out of this in the end or not but it will be so nice if I dont have to pay for all those damages and repairs out of pocket. Somhow I dont see him saying "Ok, heres the $$$ Let's take care of business"
I've made peace with the fact that I'm probably about 70%+ just screwed and will have to swallow the loss. But I'm keeping my options open.

Azmal said:
*General update - Talked to the manager on the phone a bit ago. He's still stalling but it actually sounded like he's giving all that stuff I put on that web page some thought but he skips all the major stuff and his main argument is that he doesn't think his employees did some of those damages. So I sent him a tame but relatively nasty email just now.
I dont know if I will get anything out of this in the end or not but it will be so nice if I dont have to pay for all those damages and repairs out of pocket. Somhow I dont see him saying "Ok, heres the $$$ Let's take care of business"
I've made peace with the fact that I'm probably about 70%+ just screwed and will have to swallow the loss. But I'm keeping my options open.
Things For Azmal To Do Today:
1. Stop any and all communication with (lameass) shop.
2. Call attorney.
3. Enjoy adult beverage with large smile knowing that your attorney will hammer them like Brianna Banks.

Do not give up.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back