Powder Coat Rims

ltnate3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone powder coated their wheels reflective chrome? The color looks like the original polished look on the wheels but I was wondering how it really looks when the entire wheel is coated. My wheels are in need of some TLC and I thought maybe powder coating would be a good choice.

Try doing research on Permastar. I remember Prof had his done and they came out fabulous. I have three OEMs that were done that way. I may need to send them back for a re-do since I also have a 4th OEM that wasn't done. If I don't send them all I will risk one not quite matching the other three.

PermaStar is the only chrome appearance coating that I would do. I had it done on my 05QC and it looks great and has held up really well. FYI work with the company on shipping because it costs me close to $400 to ship the wheels to them and I only paid them $100 to ship them back to me. I have powdercoated parts with the "Super Chrome" but it does not look as good.

This isn't the greatest picture but you can get an idea of the shine from the PermaStar coating - helps to have the kids polish them on a regular basis.:D

Forgot to mention it but the company I used was also able to repair chips, gouges and other cosmetic blemishes. I believe the name of the company was Goodrich Technologies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back