Powder Coated Grill Insert

GILMO'S10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my insert back today and could not wait to put it on the truck.Glued the srt-10 letters back on and slapped her on.Whatta you think?? I think it turned out sweet.Thanks Justin for the quick turnaround.He does great work!!

IMG_2291.JPG

IMG_2290.JPG

04 SRT 10 said:
Looks good bud...Nice touch...:rock:

thankyou sir,I am very happy with how it turned out.I was thinking about going black with it but I am glad now I stayed with red:rock: :rock:

I would love to find a replacement METAL insert for the hood. I really think the stock plastic piece on my '06 looks cheap, however, I am not too fond of the design used on the aftermarket pieces I have found. I like the OEM design but not the budget look. Any suggestions?

ohiosrt10 said:
I would love to find a replacement METAL insert for the hood. I really think the stock plastic piece on my '06 looks cheap, however, I am not too fond of the design used on the aftermarket pieces I have found. I like the OEM design but not the budget look. Any suggestions?

so are you saying you think what i did was the Budget look?? Sure as heck was'nt cheap.it's hard finding stuff that really looks good and has good quality.The scoop insert was "chrome" when i bought it.Started flaking soon after.!!Stinking thing was close to 200 bones!! I hope this holds out better!!
:D :D :D :D

GILMO'S10 said:
so are you saying you think what i did was the Budget look?? Sure as heck was'nt cheap.it's hard finding stuff that really looks good and has good quality.The scoop insert was "chrome" when i bought it.Started flaking soon after.!!Stinking thing was close to 200 bones!! I hope this holds out better!!
:D :D :D :D

LOL... hell no, yours doesn't look like the "budget" look. It's 100X better than the factory junk they stuck in there and I think yours looks fantastic. Yes, I am jealous. ;)

However, I still kinda like the look of the XXXXXXX criss-cross pattern that is factory. I just hate the cheesy plastic.

ohiosrt10 said:
LOL... hell no, yours doesn't look like the "budget" look. It's 100X better than the factory junk they stuck in there and I think yours looks fantastic. Yes, I am jealous. ;)

However, I still kinda like the look of the XXXXXXX criss-cross pattern that is factory. I just hate the cheesy plastic.

Gotcha!! yeah it would be nice to find something like that!!:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back