powder coating headers

ccm

Reaction score
I bought american racing headers for my 06 srt-10 ram reg cab, should I be powder coating these since I live up in canada or anywhere for that matter?

jet hot coatin is your best bet

Hey Chris,I got a couple good places for ceramic coating,will take a couple days for them to do it,one of them's not far from you.
Did all you exhaust stuff come in?

Have you dyno'd it before, I am very curious to what the American Racing headers perform! Sorry to get off topic... +4 for JetHot!

Yellow venom 366 said:
Isn't "ceramic coating" the same as " jet hot coating"????
No.
They are two very different processes.

(and JetHot wins when it comes to dumping off heat)

Kevan said:
No.
They are two very different processes.

(and JetHot wins when it comes to dumping off heat)
Really,I just learn't something new then,I always thought they were the same!

So the "jet hot" retains more heat to be pushed through the pipe to keep engine compartment cooler?

And does any header manufacturer do this? (Im gonna guess Belanger and B&B??)

Yellow venom 366 said:
Really,I just learn't something new then,I always thought they were the same!

So the "jet hot" retains more heat to be pushed through the pipe to keep engine compartment cooler?

And does any header manufacturer do this? (Im gonna guess Belanger and B&B??)
I would think it would be better to buy the headers of your choice,Then have them ship them to jet hot.Have jet hot ship them to you when finished.
www.jethot.com

hey guys thanks for the info. I was almost ready to skip it, but thanks to all of you I will definetly handle it. As for the Dyno I may get it done.

366- check out the JetHot site. They explain it better than I could. It's a different, and more efficient, process of dissipating heat than ceramic.

No- as far as I know, no manufacturers offer JetHot coating on any of their headers for the Viper engines. JetHot has a few 'popular' models in stock that have already been coated (Chevy 350, Ford 302, etc.).

Yes- you can get it in a bunch of different colors. I got the Sterling, and it showed up almost ultra-bling chrome. It has dulled *slightly* in the 14 months that I've had them on there. They are still very silver.

In my case, they dropped my engine bay temps SIGNIFICANTLY. I went from 625F down to 350F (measured with a laser at the #1 cylinder header bolt flange, on 3 separate occassions, in February, above the 30th Parallel, without any manuals).

Technically each degree equals X-amount of horsepower (Silverback knows the math). I'm sure I gained a little, but more importantly the engine runs cooler, much less heat fatigue on other parts, and I get *slightly* better MPG.

It was about $400 to do my OEM exhaust manifolds. That includes shipping both ways.

Kevan said:
366- check out the JetHot site. They explain it better than I could. It's a different, and more efficient, process of dissipating heat than ceramic.

No- as far as I know, no manufacturers offer JetHot coating on any of their headers for the Viper engines. JetHot has a few 'popular' models in stock that have already been coated (Chevy 350, Ford 302, etc.).

Yes- you can get it in a bunch of different colors. I got the Sterling, and it showed up almost ultra-bling chrome. It has dulled *slightly* in the 14 months that I've had them on there. They are still very silver.

In my case, they dropped my engine bay temps SIGNIFICANTLY. I went from 625F down to 350F (measured with a laser at the #1 cylinder header bolt flange, on 3 separate occassions, in February, above the 30th Parallel, without any manuals).

Technically each degree equals X-amount of horsepower (Silverback knows the math). I'm sure I gained a little, but more importantly the engine runs cooler, much less heat fatigue on other parts, and I get *slightly* better MPG.

It was about $400 to do my OEM exhaust manifolds. That includes shipping both ways.

You got any pics of them?? Post em up!:rock: :rock: Thats some excellent info,I just looked at their site,they got some great stuff happening!

Kevan said:

You got any pics of them?? Post em up!:rock: :rock: Thats some excellent info,I just looked at their site,they got some great stuff happening!

Kevan said:

Yellow venom 366 said:

A triple post...that was a first in my book!:D :D :D

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back