Powdercoat pics

Frosty05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm about ready to re-do my engine bay with some new powdercoat and I'm looking to steal some ideas.

Currently torn between candy red or candy blue, and planning on polished intake manifold, powdercoated VC's, radiator pipes, cai, tstat housing, and brake calipers and some other small pieces.
Matched plug wires too.

Show me what you got, or let me know what you think

Candy-apple

Here's my Candy-Apple engine bay.

Attachments

• WP_20150715_08_11_35_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150715_08_11_35_Pro.jpg
    877.5 KB · Views: 173
  • WP_20150715_08_11_47_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150715_08_11_47_Pro.jpg
    771.8 KB · Views: 143
Lmao...I was thinking you were just a purist into the factory setup

Lol, nah bro I'm just a dumb ass that can't read. :) I'm a total fan of self expression and customization. The scheme I'm working on in my engine bay uses red, red snakeskin, carbon fiber, and some black and silver thrown in as well. :)

I'll keep it

Naaa...I think I'll keep it. Got to much $$$$ in it, to change it....lol thnx little better pics. see the candy-apple better...IMO lol

Attachments

• DSC00170.JPG
    DSC00170.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC00169.JPG
    DSC00169.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC00167.JPG
    DSC00167.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 167
No..

No actually.....I used WENOL, in the blue tube to polish everything. That stuff is awesome...! Get it on Ebay....No besides...Trophies are dust collectors...Why would I clean them?

Naaa...I think I'll keep it. Got to much $$$$ in it, to change it....lol thnx little better pics. see the candy-apple better...IMO lol

That does look great
love the no2 system....lol show AND go ;-)

The red with the black truck really pops.
With my silver though, I'm thinking candy blue over argent silver would really work good, with bits of polished aluminum too, maybe some led's to set it off.
Would give it a very cold look overall I would think

No actually.....I used WENOL, in the blue tube to polish everything. That stuff is awesome...! Get it on Ebay....No besides...Trophies are dust collectors...Why would I clean them?

Good answer, at least you got your priorities straight. Truck comes first everything else second or third.

Cant exactly remember on the intake polishing...been awhile...lol Mirror Finish Polishing did mine in Mo. Sorry

With my silver though, I'm thinking candy blue over argent silver would really work good, with bits of polished aluminum too, maybe some led's to set it off.
Would give it a very cold look overall I would think

I think you have a very good plan. Silver paired up with blue will rock.

Mine's not nearly the eye-candy as Ralphie's but here it is. The scheme may not be deemed normal but let me explain.. The gun metal and chrome with a touch of red was intended to match the current gun metal wheels, bright red brake calipers, red Nitrous tanks and carbon hood with a red pin-stripe.. I tried to follow as close as I could the original SRT colors of silver, red and black.

I'm looking forward to see some other awesome engine bays.

Attachments

• SRT 074.jpg
    SRT 074.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 107
  • SRT 025.jpg
    SRT 025.jpg
    578.2 KB · Views: 85
  • SRT 037.jpg
    SRT 037.jpg
    738.4 KB · Views: 58
  • SRT 038.jpg
    SRT 038.jpg
    599 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0353.jpg
    IMG_0353.jpg
    570.1 KB · Views: 64
  • SRT 075.jpg
    SRT 075.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 82
  • SRT 071.jpg
    SRT 071.jpg
    577.5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Mine's not nearly the eye-candy as Ralphie's but here it is. The scheme may not be deemed normal but let me explain.. The gun metal and chrome with a touch of red was intended to match the current gun metal wheels, bright red brake calipers, red Nitrous tanks and carbon hood with a red pin-stripe.. I tried to follow as close as I could the original SRT colors of silver, red and black.

Sick looking 10 man!

Thank you.:D I don't know what else to do with her. I don't drive her much often. She only turned 74k miles a couple days ago from the 8 miles on the odo when I purchased her new in 2005. I recently added diamond white day time running lights but without following the circled pattern in the headlight casing. It's a 'C' pattern instead with the curved portion facing outwards from the grill on both sides. I need to take pics of that.

I like your idea of blue with silver. That's very rare and will look terrific.

Dayum, I'm really digging what you did with your colors. Very nice execution, and I'm gonna do a variation of your nitrous bottles, but in red snakeskin.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back