POWER STEERING HOSE!

Yellow venom

Boosted Venom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just noticed the the power steering hose from the pump that runs across behind the fan shroud is leaking!! Its leaking of course right where the rubber hose is crimped to the steel line! Anyone else have this problem happen? High pressure line too so gotta get it changed!
Hey Stinker, you making any of these yet? LOL!

that hose is 90 bucks to replace and does not come with the necessary hardware to reinstall,u will need to buy the fittings seperate,they are the same fittings used in the jeep srt-8 ,the hose is a detroit item ,when u put the new one on put the fittings in first ,the metal part of the hose pops into the fitting

mine is leakin also. same place. could not figure out where the oily dust was comin from. another quality hose. Prof was supposed to already have change his to AN fittins. supposed to have posted photos of the set up he used when he got his truck out of the shop. he spoke about it in the thread of the engine oil cooler line thread that i started.
i have been lookin at possibilities for keepin the metal lines & just replacin the leakin hose part

There have been a lot of these leaking. Dealer replaced mine under warranty. Which surprised me because I have the turbo.

That hose is $158.00 up here!! The dealer just told me that there is no fittings or hardware for it,Any chance anyone has a part# for the fitting or hardware needed?

Yellow venom 366 said:
That hose is $158.00 up here!! The dealer just told me that there is no fittings or hardware for it,Any chance anyone has a part# for the fitting or hardware needed?
read my post!

Where is Stinker when you need him ----braided lines for the whole truck

Yellow venom 366 said:
I read your post,Thanks,I am just stating hugh price diff for same part from Can to the US, Thanks for the info,DO you have a part # then??Thanks again!:rock:
u are going to have togo into the dealer with the fitting in hand then tell them to pull the power steering hose set for a jeep srt-8 i think ,i know its a jeep for sure,the fittings come with that set and not with ours! they pulled them from the set and sold them to me for 10 bucks (2),also i payed 90 bucks because i got it wholesale and not retail(forgot) ,unless u know someone who has an account with the dealer ur gonna pay extra

Last edited:
Me too. I recently found it afternoon. Yeah, stinker..you got anything for the rubber hose?

I recently sent a pm to dragon. I will let you know how much does it cost for a rubber hose.

Joe,

PM me the part numbers if you figure them out and I will see what price I can get them for you through work. I have gotten about 30% off retail from Pioneer Chrysler in Wetaskiwin in the past.

yellowfever#154 said:
Joe,

PM me the part numbers if you figure them out and I will see what price I can get them for you through work. I have gotten about 30% off retail from Pioneer Chrysler in Wetaskiwin in the past.

OK,Will do,Thanks Tyler:rock:

On a similar note there are two different power steering pumps for the SRT Ram. I ordered one from Dragon when mine gave up while road racing last year. Turns out it wasnt quite the correct one and of course I had to get the other one which was 3 times more expensive.

Is there anybody who can tell me where to buy the new fittings they installed into the pump

Clint is correct. The only way to get the right parts is to go to the dealership and show them the exact parts. If you do not point out each of the parts they will assume that the assembly will come with the right fittings...it does not. Do not let them just shake their heads that they know what you need. They are wrong.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back