Power Steering Leak, Need some Help

ViperX24

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

So i noticed i had a power steering leak and when i took it into the shop they wanted over $500 to fix a simple leak. I left and will try to do the fix on my own as i did with the oil cooler lines.

The OEM hose is about $180, top fitting $90 and bottom fitting $75.

The "Stinkers" Power steering line is $200.

After reading some forums posted on here nobody gave any real exact data except that "Stinkers" is the way to go.

1. So does anyone know the size of the nut on the fitting? I think it's 20MM???

2. What is all involved in putting the "Stinkers" line on?

3. Any other special tools?

4. What is the difference between the carbon covering & steel braided lines?

5. Is the fitting the same on the bottom? Hard to change?

Any helpful knowledge to make this fix easy is appreciated, Thanks

Attachments

• fitting.JPG
    fitting.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,680
I took the original lines off mine and I don't have a 20mm crowsfoot, but at the same time I don't remember specifically what size I used. But anyway here's a link to a 20mm

Snap-on Tools

Steering leaks are a hot topic right now on all the SRT 10 forums, DO NOT buy factory lines and fittings. For some reason they are way worse right now than they have ever been. Some one on the other forum has changed five sets in the last two weeks.

Last edited:
I took the original lines off mine and I don't have a 20mm crowsfoot, but at the same time I don't remember specifically what size I used. But anyway here's a link to a 20mm

Snap-on Tools

Steering leaks are a hot topic right now on all the SRT 10 forums, DO NOT buy factory lines and fittings. For some reason they are way worse right now than they have ever been. Some one on the other forum has changed five sets in the last two weeks.

Thanks for the link. It was very helpful.

The high pressure hose from the pump it is a 13/16 for the line and the fitting is a 1 inch

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back