Power steering leak

Silver05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a power steering leak coming from somewhere but I can't find it, the top line looks dry and the pump/bottle is dry, but I crawl underneath and the ac pump is soaked with fresh fluid

I would suggest have a buddy help you out with diagnosing where its coming from. Have your buddy turn the steering wheel back and forth while you inspect the PS system. The fluid might be spilling out while the system is under pressure. If you have the OEM PS lines I suggest getting them replaced as they are apparently a common point of failure. I had a leak in my system coming from the high pressure line on top of the PS pump. I bought a set of steel braided PS lines from JTSVP and replaced it in a few hours. They're a bit expensive but I have no regrets.

I don't think the leak is coming from the lines, might be from the reservoir itself

Well, FML ! The truck had been leaking bad at work all day , I got off , straight to AutoZone to get oil, and just in case asked for the hose, none available, called the dealer , none available, drove about 20 miles home on the hwy , pulled in the driveway and bammm a cloud of smoke, blew the dam line!

Time to get the JTSVP lines.

I'm getting the jtsvp lines only not from tony but from another stand up member that lives a a ways out but close enough to give a man a hand , IronAffliction! He's gonna sell me his but I have to drive up to where he lives to get them and since I was planning a trip to Seattle this weekend anyway it's like killing to birds with 1 stone ! I'm starting to wonder if this thing is worth keeping around since it's a unicorn of vehicles , nothing available at a local dealer or parts store

Not a problem i will help anyone i can my truck isn't gonna run for awhile so dont need them

Well I picked up the lines this past weekend and Iron shipped me the fittings on Monday , I received them today only to cross thread the one that goes in the pump itself ! Fml ! I ordered one from summit and I'm debating on adding an attachment to extend the fitting so the hose is not a bitch to install

Been there done that! Pushed the plunger down and installed the fitting, it was getting the line on that's a tight fit with my huge ass hands !

Well yesterday (Saturday) I finally got my pump fitting, and for the life of me I could not get the line on, finally I pulled the clamp off the top radiator hose from the radiator side, I had the wife hold it clamped up toward toward the motor, and it made it much easier to install the line, but then I kept having a leak off the small fitting on the fan side, but the line that goes to the rack, I added pipe sealant, and it still leaked, so I reinstalled my stock line and it quit , refilled it, turned the wheels back and forth and topped it off and all good to go, now I just need to know what an fitting that is and I will order a new one and get the other line installed down the road ,but for now it's good !

Any possibility that you put too much fluid in the bottle? If you overfilled your reservoir, it will leak out of cap or anywhere it can relieve pressure.

It was leaking in between the fitting and line , I added probably another quart the bottle was still empty

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back