power steering pump issues

tim simmons

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced the power steering pump on my 70/04 srt10 roadrunner, cause it was whining. I thought it was the pump. I have it hooked up to my stock power steering box on my Plymouth, it works great but won't quit whining and is full. I have the big return line blocked off. Any advise would be appreciated.

My pump whined and I ask VENOMOUS 1 to look for a used replacement. He didn't even have to look at it or listen but diagnosed the fan whining in this horrid heat. Heat outside over 90 and it whines, under no whine. Not sure if your PS pump operates your fan but if so, could be the problem. :dontknow:

Also you might try installing cutouts---opened I can't hear the whine. :D:D

Well, I'm not exactly using the hyd. fan. I have the big line off the pump blocked off. It seems like it's low on fluid but it's full and works great. Could system need more fluid through a cooler or something?

Fixed it. Anybody ever do a swap, use the big return line and block off the small one. That will quit the whine.

Fixed it. Anybody ever do a swap, use the big return line and block off the small one. That will quit the whine.

sorry should have seen this, but yessir , swap the smaller fitting, the larger lets the fluid swirl and cavitate, the smaller brings it in on the lower side

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back