Power Steering Pump

s8taxatty

Reaction score
I have a leak but haven't determined if it's the line fitting or the pump. I searched the site and the wisdom is to change the lines to JTSVP anyway. Should I just replace the pump while I'm in there? The Beast is an 06 with 40k miles.

Thanks

I have a leak but haven't determined if it's the line fitting or the pump. I searched the site and the wisdom is to change the lines to JTSVP anyway. Should I just replace the pump while I'm in there? The Beast is an 06 with 40k miles.

Thanks

I just ordered mine this morning, have the same issue. The power steering lines are crap from the factory, I am not changing my pump and I am at about 65k miles. I am leaking at the fitting the fits into the reservoir housing.

Thanks

Clean off the area with brake cleaner and thoroughly dry, then take some foot powder and drown the area really good, and watch, this will let you know where the leak is coming from, more than likely the factory fitting going into the pump itself

I just ordered mine this morning, have the same issue. The power steering lines are crap from the factory, I am not changing my pump and I am at about 65k miles. I am leaking at the fitting the fits into the reservoir housing.

We just boxed them up steve, headed out now sir
thanks
Sawyer

I meant pump housing in front of the reservoir, I can't type without coffee!

Clean off the area with brake cleaner and thoroughly dry, then take some foot powder and drown the area really good, and watch, this will let you know where the leak is coming from, more than likely the factory fitting going into the pump itself

I ordered my lines this morning too. Thanks for the tip on checking the leak.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back