Power Steering?

BlackVenom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like whenever i turn my wheel sometimes to the right or left, its almost as if i have no power steering, im not sure if maybe because im due for new tires or my power steering pump is going out ( which i doubt since it is not making any noise and i dont think i have a leak ) has anyone had any simular feeling in the wheel? like a drag feeling? Also maybe its my bearing in my steering wheel since its making a little ball bearing sound when i turn it to the left, ( inside the cab ) :confused::confused::hmmmm2: Any input i would greatly receive without having to try to take it to the dealer for a 150$ diagnostic... I just cant seem to figure out what it is myself by looking / playing with it

Seems like whenever i turn my wheel sometimes to the right or left, its almost as if i have no power steering, im not sure if maybe because im due for new tires or my power steering pump is going out ( which i doubt since it is not making any noise and i dont think i have a leak ) has anyone had any simular feeling in the wheel? like a drag feeling? Also maybe its my bearing in my steering wheel since its making a little ball bearing sound when i turn it to the left, ( inside the cab ) :confused::confused::hmmmm2: Any input i would greatly receive without having to try to take it to the dealer for a 150$ diagnostic... I just cant seem to figure out what it is myself by looking / playing with it

Sounds like your airbag clockspring inside the steering wheel under cover. Check your fluids as well cause our trucks do indeed have a history of power steering and oil cooler line leak issues. Your power steering pump also powers your radiator cooling fan too :burnout:

Sounds like your airbag clockspring inside the steering wheel under cover. Check your fluids as well cause our trucks do indeed have a history of power steering and oil cooler line leak issues. Your power steering pump also powers your radiator cooling fan too :burnout:

hmm interesting... so check all the lines, cause it does feel a little sluggish and has a burning smell i feel like sometimes, not to sure if it is my truck tho all the time... little worried, and airbag clockspring how do u check that take the steering wheel off?

hmm interesting... so check all the lines, cause it does feel a little sluggish and has a burning smell i feel like sometimes, not to sure if it is my truck tho all the time... little worried, and airbag clockspring how do u check that take the steering wheel off?

Clockspring is better left to dealer or good body man. If installed incorrectly it can cause it to never work in an accident! Check your serpentine belt too. Maybe it's old, dry and slipping?

Noticed lately when I leave for work and it's cold the power steering isn't active..only last for 10-15 seconds but after that it's ok..should of replaced those lines same time I had those brake lines replaced..:hmmmm:

Noticed lately when I leave for work and it's cold the power steering isn't active..only last for 10-15 seconds but after that it's ok..should of replaced those lines same time I had those brake lines replaced..:hmmmm:

hmm yeah that may be it to.. but i drove it last night for good 30 mins highway to the pavilions to a show, mixed driving to, and when i got there to back up into a spot it felt like it just died or was very little presure to help turn it, let alone it almost died in a drive threw from the sound of the rpm's and exhaust... maybe its time for a tune up and to clean some shit in there:dontknow:

also when it rains i know i have the issue causes belt slip water drips down on it from the hood scoop opening i think since my driveway has a slight incline just another thought :)

also when it rains i know i have the issue causes belt slip water drips down on it from the hood scoop opening i think since my driveway has a slight incline just another thought :)

I've had this issue as well from the rain while the truck is parked. Causes my voltage to be very low until it warms up and the water gets off the belt.

Speaking from experience and fresh off of a P/S pump and line change you guys have the beginning stages of a pump going out. It'll start with "dead spots" when turning at low speeds and every now and then turning feels like it'll kill the engine. Then the pump will lag on cold start ups, feels like your steering is locked up for 10-15 seconds or you force the wheel to turn. Just keep an eye on it and hop for a little luck. I was lucky mine exploded while we were checking that my p/s lines were installed right in the drive way.

I think everyone has that problem after a heavy/long rain.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back