Power tailgate lock wiring

MNSRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know which two wires to tap into behind the drivers side kick panel on an 05 when adding a power tailgate lock?

Shoot Tony a PM, I just remembered he wired up one on Mike's CE before he shipped it out to Oklahoma... :)

Chief, doesn't yours have one?
I thought someone said something in PCB. Maybe it was just Mikes

Tony to the rescue, solid light green and tan with a green tracer are the two wires you want to tap into. At least on an 05

So how does this work? Unlocks the tailgate when the passenger doors unlock?

Cool, might have to look into it.

So what kit are we talking about here? I've been kicking around the idea for a while but only did minimal research and didn't find one that unlocked when the key was used on the door, only key fob integration.

-jeff

This should have come stock from the factory,
Tony has a great price on these, they are made by pace edwards.
If you have a factory tonneau cover this mod is a must, it works with the factory key fob.
For the total package get the EZ down hydralic tailgate shock, ...That's the ticket!

Midnight Runner said:
Just call Tony he has them.

Just sent him a PM.

Like I said in my PM the EZ down hydraulics sound good for people with small kids or midgets running around :D

-jeff

Just sent him a PM.

Like I said in my PM the EZ down hydraulics sound good for people with small kids or midgets running around :D

-jeff

Or if you're carrying a ton of stuff and it's raining and your hand slips on the tailgate and it drops and knocks all the sh*t you're carrying and breaks a 1.75L of your favorite Whiskey (Makers) and on your drive home you get pulled over by the cops who smell booze and think you've been drinking and driving and they have you doing the Two step on the side of the road while counting backwards from 100, and they finally let you go and you get home late and wet and still smelling of booze and the wife gives you the same treatment as the cop. :mad:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back