power

rbabody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody when from a 05 to a 04 and felt like the power is down ? Or is it just the diff in gear ratios? My 04 seem like a Turdish stock other than cai. My 05 had a tune /k@n /x-metal Tb /magnaflow no cats. Didn't think the power over stock would be that noticeable.

Definatly a noticable difference in gear ratio's. That would be my guess.

Dont sell short the power of the mods you had on the your 05 vs your stockish 04. I could feel the difference in my 05 when I put a tune on it vs when it was stock.

Your prolly missing 40+ rwhp and trq from your 05.

Has anybody when from a 05 to a 04 and felt like the power is down ? Or is it just the diff in gear ratios? My 04 seem like a Turdish stock other than cai. My 05 had a tune /k@n /x-metal Tb /magnaflow no cats. Didn't think the power over stock would be that noticeable.

Tune, K&N, TB, and no cats probably equated to 20-30HP. Combine that with the difference in gears and it probably would feel like a 50HP difference on the butt dyno.

Thanks for the replies. I was going to start the vicious modifications and just wondering if similar mods are done will the outcome be about the same?

my 04 feels faster than my 06 did.
Mods on the 04, pulley, shifter, TB, CAI
mods on the 06, Catless mids, B&B exhaust, shifter, TB, CAI, tune :dontknow:

see i have the k and N intake long tube headers high flow cats and the magnaflow exhaust and a tune and i gained 100HP at the wheels

but the truck ran real bad when i got it so maybe thats why i gained so much cause normally the motor should make 420 wheel stock

my 04 feels faster than my 06 did.
Mods on the 04, pulley, shifter, TB, CAI
mods on the 06, Catless mids, B&B exhaust, shifter, TB, CAI, tune :dontknow:

Some of the 06's suffered from the cam issue apparently. Maybe yours was one of them?

Removed cats to and I have to say it almost feels like I got some power back :D now time for more mods :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back