Powersteering Question????

Sinbad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every once in awhile I will notice that my power steering to say the least just isn't their. Mainly when I'm trying to park or back into somewhere, ill have to give it a little gas to get it to come back if that makes any sense. I know that these trucks are notorious for pw problems, I've checked the fluid and that's ok and I'm not seeing any leaks, but I haven't really done a full inspection of the whole system. Just wondering if anyone had any insight on the issue or advice on what to do that might rid or at least mitigate the issue????
thanks, Sinbad

Same thing mine did eons ago, you will probably also start to see an increase in temps.... your pump is on its way out (opinion)

Same thing mine did eons ago, you will probably also start to see an increase in temps.... your pump is on its way out (opinion)

x2

Mine started with that... then you'll notice you have slow leak somewhere, can't exactly pin point but you do.... It'll eventually get to the point where you'll be dumping a bottle every day or 2, if you let it get that bad it'll blow soon... All from experience haha

My best advice is either one wait and see if it gets worse or...... Go down to O'Reily's or Rock Auto and buy a reman.... $90 and it's got a lifetime warranty. People tried to steer me away from a reman but I didn't have the cash to drop($250+) for a new pump during the holidays. Figured the reman would cut it till after the holidays and when it crapped the bed take it back to O'Reilys get my money and buy an OEM... Going on 6 months and it's performing better than the original before it blew.

Mine does that sometimes but it was only when I pulled into the garage. Thought it was the pump but then I realized that it was when I was always checking my mirrors to not hit anything pulling in. What I was doing was letting the truck get to low rpm's because it was my transition from very little throttle as I was creeping in, to pushing the clutch in. Try parking again and be cautious that you are on the throttle and not running the risk of stalling the truck; fixed my problem. Just my 2 cents.

Mine does that sometimes but it was only when I pulled into the garage. Thought it was the pump but then I realized that it was when I was always checking my mirrors to not hit anything pulling in. What I was doing was letting the truck get to low rpm's because it was my transition from very little throttle as I was creeping in, to pushing the clutch in. Try parking again and be cautious that you are on the throttle and not running the risk of stalling the truck; fixed my problem. Just my 2 cents.
I think I have done that! I hear kind of a pulsing sound with the wheel cut. Fluid is good, but I am usually trying to squeeze into my small garage. I have also seen a recent temp spike though.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back