Price check, isle 3 - NAV?

Big Perm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I know I'm a cheap bastage, but I have been thinking about this since I had a chance to ride in BlackKnights NR when I was last in Cali...

He had the Stereo/Nav set-up - the screen looks kickass and adds a whole new dimension to the truck....it hadn't bothered me before, but after checking out his set-up, I felt like my standard 6 disc stock stereo was sub-standard :D

The guy gave me part #82208653AJ, $2275, which includes the bezel, I think....total cost with labor was appx $2500, but they weren't sure which bezel (sp?) to use....the stock gray or sport???

Anyway, appreciate any thoughts on price for those that may have already done or considered this option. I've been scraping up some dollars, but it feels damn expensive to spend this much dinero :dontknow:

Thanks,

Jason

My wife seen the one in my truck and wanted one for her derango. After seeing the price they wanted for the stock one, we checked around and found a Kenwood system that was twice as good as the one in my truck for less then $2,000 installed with, Nav, Dvd, bluetooth, back up camera and more.

The nav is so much better then the stock Chrysler one, that I feel a pain of jealously every time I see it.

It has the option for satilite radio too but we didn't get that.

Dealer prices on the oem equipment is insane you can get sooooo much better equipment in the aftermarket!!

You can get a factory RB1 on ebay for 300 bucks. They are remanufactured, but I've had mine for 5 months with no problems. I also picked up the factory 6 disc changer which plugs into the back so I didn't lose the CD capacity. 100 bucks on ebay for that one. The install is easy and outlined in the DIY section too.

Thanks for all the input....

I'll look at the Kenwood, as well as any other options that are the same size and fit like the stock unit in the 06's....appreciate the help :rock:

The Chrysler NAV in my '06 sucks big time. I've got a $300 Garmin in my other truck that blows it away.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back