pro turbo crap

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah thats right , going after the truck. David has beat himself todeath on it long enough. Cant get the boost to stabalize. Averaging 640 hp on somewhere around 5 lbs boost best we can guess. Found numerous cracks in the welding. Probably will bring her home remove it, run over the pro turbo crap. Just hope sprites works out well.
Leaving in a few minutes, talk to ya'll soon.:(

You did all you can...cant squeeze oil of of lemons or something like that. I was hoping the pressurization of the system would work...similar to us Paxton guys with boost problems. CarDude is pleading the 5th, I think he has/had a similar system.

Well the system will be pressurized in the morn hopefully, either way I have fell off my rope, David is great, but I jsut think its too much a pain in the ass .
I will bring it home see what I can do, and go from there.

I think it may work out, theres jsut a gremlin in there somewhre, I still think as you dave there is a leak somewhere.........I still got a few things to do here, then leave , will check in before I go , guys thanks.

Hey thanks pal! I figure I'm fixin to head out , hope to get on the other side of Atlanta, stop and give Womster a kiss, and stop for a couple Z's as I get into bama, then move on and be in Austin tommorrow night. Pick her up friday and head back.
Thanks Nowwhat, really.

But guys I dont think David has done anything bad, I jsut think since it will not hold boost long there has to be a leak, a turbo system is actually quit simple. If it is obtaining boost at first then leaking down to 5 psi from 10 psi then there has to be a leak of vacuum. the latest dyno was at 10 psi but bleeding to less than 5 psi. netting 640rwhp or so, BUT 780rwtrq. so the numbers are there,jsut not there, they must be hiding! He had turbo logic a big supra turbo installer come over and look , and they seem to think the same. Everything looks to be in the right pplace andl all but there must be a leak.

I'll take the puter with me and hope to be in contact if I find anything else out, but right now going to get my 9 month retarted baby!LOLOL

I wish I could say if you hang in there and think positively it'll all work out but I already tried that. Remember with those Gremlins, you're not supposed to feed them after midnight or get them wet. Hope you find the problem.

hhmm. heres a shot gun answer

Well to be honest i dont have much expertise with turbos or sc on our trucks, but i was just wonderin bout this, anyone correct me if i'm wrong. Since it seems (based off what i've read here) the holding boost seems to be a characteristc of our trucks that seems to be quite common, i'm wonderin if it's related to the design of our cam shaft. What i'm thinkin is that if we have to much overlap (under force induction) could it just be that once the boost comes up the overlap designed into the cam just lets it blow out? If this is the case, i kinda understand why nowwhat is still runnin the oem exhaust manifolds. He's using them to kind of serve as an accumalator for pressure to build up with so that the exhaust doesnt just blow thru(which can cause the a/f mix to go lean if it did, right?) to hold the boost some what. I really think its the design of the cam that influencing this. i dont think our engine was designed to be a high rever' which is what turbo works best with. But then again it is almost midnight, and i dont build cars just fix em', so might be just talkin out of my ass...:dontknow:

Last edited:
Woodhouse kind of suggested putting the cats back on to increase the pressure and reach the 8psi of boost. That was the thinking until they discovered the air leaks. Hopefully the truck will be put back together and dynoed next week. I'm guessing we'll start with the headers, no cats, etc (current configuration) and see how the boost is. If need be we can add the cats to increase the backpressure (?) and reach the 8 or 8.5 psi of boost.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
Woodhouse kind of suggested putting the cats back on to increase the pressure and reach the 8psi of boost. That was the thinking until they discovered the air leaks. Hopefully the truck will be put back together and dynoed next week. I'm guessing we'll start with the headers, no cats, etc (current configuration) and see how the boost is. If need be we can add the cats to increase the backpressure (?) and reach the 8 or 8.5 psi of boost.

Ok, do u have a actual leak in the intake system causing air to blow out or suck in at idle? See this is what just gets me :confused: , it has been unheard of to me in force induction car, i never really heard of people trying to increase back pressure in a forceinducted car. all of the turbo guys i've met, have allways been about gettin the air out faster than how you got in. never till now the other way around. as far as i understand, specified backpressure has been more critical in N/a engines for optimum exhaust wave resonance and exhast gas scavenging. again not trying discredit anyone

I'm thinking it was the air leaks (4 of them were found) that caused the lack of boost. Once they were fixed and the truck was back on the dyno I think they reached about 7.5 psi at 5000 rpm (then the motor let go).

Stink, sorry to hear this....I hope things will get worked out soon....Be safe in your travels....:)

Walt

Sorry to hear that man, hope everything works out.

Good idea on the cam.....but NO! Boomer checked that for me. It STRICTLY was a lack of seal at virtually ALL seams in the chargepipe and air intake. It was hissing like crazy once the pressure came up above 4lbs. Once that was fixed (by way of some BIG turbo T-bolts) boost stabilized at EXACTLY 8lbs. Thanks again Boomer.....we owe ya one!

As far as David Weaver is concerned TONY I know you like the guy but lets call a spade a spade here. The guy said he could do it! And then when it came down to it.....HE COULDNT. I dont know if it necessarily is HIS fault but it DAMN SURE aint yours! He IS the super Viper tuner huy right.....so what happened?? Hey Man, I feel your pain ,you KNOW I DO, but I just think this guy has to take it on the chin here. He sold you somethin that he IS NOT CAPABLE of doing. He had his shot.....go get it and take it to your buddy at Underground Racing and hopefully he will look at it for you. Much LUCK bro.....Ill be thinkin about ya....good luck my friend.
B

You know I would have to agree with Blake on this one....I am sure he is a good guy....but why can't he find the leak if that is what it is.....I would say take it to JH....I sure he could fix it but it would take a very long time and will cost you some more $$$$.....It might be worth it in the end...:(.....still I am sorry for all your troubles Tony....:(

I see that Steve Austin (...a man barely alive) is now hawking Pro Turbo's wares. Might be nice if they got a success story under their collective belts before promoting more misery. Until STS has their problems worked out, I'm certainly not going to be selling any new SRT-10 kits.:stupido:

It amazes me that their are so many leak problems with these thing. I mean come on it is only 8lb of boost. I run 36psi in the Cummins and only ever had one leak because of a blown hose. Are they just made that cheap with cheap hose and clamps or what????

Maybe you need to start talking with some diesel tuners that make real boost, we are talking about 60psi stuff....

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back