Problem shifting into reverse. 6 sp

TNVIPER said:
I had trouble with reverse...bled the clutch fluid and cured 90%...your clutch may also be worn among other things..
Sounds about right.:rock:

New OEM clutch. Stock hydros. Anyplace I can find how to bleed clutch? It shifts fine in all other gears. Much better since I replaced with Mobil 1 ATF. Just wants to jump out of reverse.

Broken plastic shift fork pads, I had this problem along with many others on here. You can hold your gearshift into reverse to make it stay in gear but eventually that will start to not work either and then it costs you more with the need of gear replacements. Replace the plastic pads on every shift fork with bronze versions, I got mine from Six speeds Inc but I believe they are not in business anymore. Do a couple searches on this problem and you will find some old threads.

I have has about 50 SRT10s, and most have a tough reverse. I dunno why they are like that, but yea thats pretty common.

Mine does the same thing. Took it into the dearlership and they said it was common with our trucks. They checked it out and everything was fine.

Harasin said:
Mine does the same thing. Took it into the dearlership and they said it was common with our trucks. They checked it out and everything was fine.

Does yours pop out of gear as well? Did they disassemble the transmission to clarify that it was "fine"? A transmission pops out of gear for only a couple reasons and none of them are "normal".

Just put into 5th first then quickly into reverse. the input shaft won't slowdown enough to go into gear. If that won't work then it is time to rebuild the fork pads . When i back my trailer in , i have one shot at backing it in! if i have to forward and try again it won't go into reverse without 5th and force. If i hold the clutch to long i can smell clutch!! Plastic hydroulics from the factory is shit . Theses trucks deserved better!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back