Problem taking off

ronaldjfletcher

Reaction score
Hey guys I just took it off for the first time at a stand still and all three times it spun the tires (not the problem) but when it stopped spinning it went about 30 feet and down shifted and started going again as if it was in third??? I am using a sct tunner on low octane setting on 93 gas???

Last edited:
I agree, sounds like the kickdown cable needing adjusting. You can always manually hold it in gear so it doesn't kick back down like that. Could be you are just slowing down to the kickdown shift point after the tires start to bite.

Hey guys I just took it off for the first time at a stand still and all three times it spun the tires (not the problem) but when it stopped spinning it went about 30 feet and down shifted and started going again as if it was in third??? I am using a sct tunner on low octane setting on 93 gas???

Just found out the drive clutches are burned and the overdrive is even worse and the bands were very loose

Last edited:
replaced all the main drum clutches, overdrive clutches, the forward band, the shift kit, the trq convertor, jsut finished up, took for a short drive, sent brandon home, will take it for a short hour drive boss, will hollar at you in the morning, but plan on heading out tomorrow, so far feels great, all the shifts are nice an firm, the stall is nice also, the caltracs all adjusted buddy, sorry for all these troubles, but glad we caught it when we did

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back