Problem with JMB cold air intake

10-1=9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had a new motor installed in my truck. Decided to ditch my K&N CAI after finding a hole in the 2nd filter from the inner fender. Diddent matter how many times I checked & adjusted it. Decided to go with the JMB Performance CAI for various reasons. After installing the new kit we found they don't provide any kind of bracket to support the heater hoses & oil cooler lines. Otherwise they lay on the right upper control arm. The K&N set up had a bracket off of the heat dam for it. Has any one run into this problem & how did you fix it? I don't have any of the stock air box or batt tray parts.

Have you called Justin?

there is a heater hose bracket that goes on the bottom of the 2nd batt. tray

ya runnin stock engine oil cooler lines??? if so, WHY???:D

The 2nd battery tray holds the hoses, I don't have a provision on the intake since the intake kit is designed to work with the 2nd battery tray.
Justin

There's your answer, you should be able to locate a tray, maybe in a junk yard, I think the diesel one is the same.

The 2nd battery tray holds the hoses, I don't have a provision on the intake since the intake kit is designed to work with the 2nd battery tray.
Justin

Spoke to Justin, he told me about the bat tray holding them. We agreed making up some kind of bracket would probably look better than the tray (that I don't have). Was wondering if anybody has done this before? For now the tech made a simple L bracket off the front exh manifold stud. It's working for now but the truck is still on the lift & it's ugly. I'm open to better ideas.

Spoke to Justin, he told me about the bat tray holding them. We agreed making up some kind of bracket would probably look better than the tray (that I don't have). Was wondering if anybody has done this before? For now the tech made a simple L bracket off the front exh manifold stud. It's working for now but the truck is still on the lift & it's ugly. I'm open to better ideas.
Happy that you let that guy know that you talked to Justin! :D

there is a heater hose bracket that goes on the bottom of the 2nd batt. tray

ya runnin stock engine oil cooler lines??? if so, WHY???:D

No I have after market lines. Dumped the stockers when I bought the truck and it was leaking. Just ordered a kit from Tony for the power steering. We were checking it out before the road test & found fluid puking from the power steering pump pressure line. Tony assured me line would get shipped out today overnight so hopefully I'll be a happy camper tomorrow. I will throw the dealer under the bus though. I ordered a stock line because the crimp fitting was seeping. Well he never said anything about needing the ends. Second dealer I spoke to said it was in the computer that you need new ends with the line for $250

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back