Problem with My 05

Silver05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I went to my lunch break, and as I went to leave from the stop sign it coughed like it was cold so I put the clutch back in and I went to go again, this time it lost all power, didn’t shut off , just the idle was super low and it started smoking, so I pulled over and I popped the hood, well there was oil everywhere , the dipstick was halfway out, I have no CEL, but it does smell like a bad cat converter or something , any advice?

I had it towed to the dealer, when I went to start it it didn’t have any compression

Possibly sounds like a hole in a piston combustion gasses in the crankcase definitely not a good sign. That would push out the dips tick and oil .

Yea it fckn sucks! Getting ready to get it tuned, and put away till next spring ! And now this ! I might just leave it there and get a Vette !

Possibly sounds like a hole in a piston combustion gasses in the crankcase definitely not a good sign. That would push out the dips tick and oil .

definitely crankcase pressure (that's my first diagnosis) - very rare to blow a dipstick otherwise.
no compression, maybe broke a ringland?

diagnosing problems over the internet is difficult.

i'd get it out (it's definitely not going to self-clearance) and go from there.

No different then my other dodge 5.9 just 2 more cylinders! I thought it was a common issue with the 8.3 v10s, which is the reason I asked here, but I’ll have the dealer look at it and if it’s something that’s gonna run 5-10k I’ll just jump in to another ride!

No different then my other dodge 5.9 just 2 more cylinders! I thought it was a common issue with the 8.3 v10s, which is the reason I asked here, but I’ll have the dealer look at it and if it’s something that’s gonna run 5-10k I’ll just jump in to another ride!

I say 2017 Viper or 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona.

Well I stopped by the dealership and they said they were looking for coil packs cause they are on back order, I said I have a set, wires and plugs also, they said all left side has no power, the coil pack went out, I asked so is that why the dipstick popped out also? I got a blank look, we will see tomorrow !

well thats interesting... considering thats basically impossible.

The coil packs are not divided by driver/passenger. Each coil handles two cylinders, one driver and one passenger. If you have no spark on one whole bank, you have no spark on either... and the chances of having all bad coils is basically none. And that surely doesnt really explain your crankcase pressure problem. Do you have a converter failure? A problem with misfiring cylinders? Fuel or spark issue? Which coils EXACTLY?

The dealership is already proving to be clueless in diagnosis.

Run.

Last edited:
^^^^ Yeah, load the truck up and take it somewhere else. Where are you from exactly? We can point you in the right direction and get you to someone who knows what they are doing.

I’m in Washington , the only one up here is Corey ironaddiction, we will see today

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back