Problem with My 05

Nothing , been waiting since Monday , maybe I’ll call tomorrow

So I got a call from the dealership, hopefully it will be all wrapped up tomorrow, again he said the coil shorted itself out and swears that’s all that was wrong! So we shall see

Have them guarantee their diagnosis and repairs based on their findings.

So I got a call from the dealership, hopefully it will be all wrapped up tomorrow, again he said the coil shorted itself out and swears that’s all that was wrong! So we shall see

Yeah. Right.

First, generally a coil failure will damage the PCM. Or, the PCM failed and took out the coil. Total chicken/egg scenario. To add insult to injury, often the failed PCM will damage the new coil and vice versa, and you end up going roundy-round because techs are too lazy to properly troubleshoot.

Secondly, most of the time that results in a converter meltdown.

Converter meltdown results in high back pressure, high crank case pressure, and things like popped out dipsticks.

See where I am going with this?

Talk to you soon! ;)

Well that’s what he said yesterday, the coil failure shut down the 5 cylinders and caused a back pressure issue causing the dipstick to pop out, anyway I didn’t get around to calling today been super busy at work from 5-5 so tomorrow for sure

Well that’s what he said yesterday, the coil failure shut down the 5 cylinders and caused a back pressure issue causing the dipstick to pop out, anyway I didn’t get around to calling today been super busy at work from 5-5 so tomorrow for sure

Now he's really full of shit! Get your truck and run! We have one coil controlling 6 cylinders, another controlling 4 cyls! Neither control one side of engine! Did we mention compression test?

That’s the first thing I asked him, did you do a compression test before you tore it down? No a spark test and that’s what we Found !

Dude...

They are lying to you. Accept it.

I could go down the list of my qualifications for stating that they are full of shit and explain exactly why, but we don't have that kind of time lol

I will just leave it as... "I design this shit for a living"

Get your truck out of there and dont pay them a dime without checking everything over with a guarantee.

Last edited:

How long was your check engine light on and was it flashing. Or did you drive it at high speed with the light on for a while.

I see you said no check engine light was on . Ya I would do a compression test first . Did you have a rune installed?

Dude...

They are lying to you. Accept it.

I could go down the list of my qualifications for stating that they are full of shit and explain exactly why, but we don't have that kind of time lol

I will just leave it as... "I design this shit for a living"

Get your truck out of there and dont pay them a dime without checking everything over with a guarantee.

I agree. Not all dealerships are garbage but not all of them are bad. I’ve known the manager of the service dep of the lot where I bought my truck for many years now and he will not let any tech that doesn’t know or hasn’t been trained on these specialty vehicles anywhere near them. I’ve never had a bad experience taking my truck there and he’s always guaranteed their work based on their findings and repairs nothing more, but that’s my experience. I know they aren’t all that trust worthy unfortunately. In this case, this dude really is full of it.

Well I ain’t paying for shit so I’m not worried about them chasing it for free!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back