Problems! Help! :(

Ammo

Reaction score
I bought my truck in 06' and I haven't had any problems until the end of 2012. All the sudden, my brake light indicator on my dash turns on and off...at times, my blinkers are off beat...only on occasion, and my push start doesn't work every time. Most of the time my push start works, but sometimes I have to hold it down 5-10 seconds before it finally decides to sputter to a start. Or on occasion it won't start at all, and I have to let it set for a few hours. I am a new mom and can't particularly afford to take it to the doctor at this moment. Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this?

First of all, welcome to the VTCOA! The brake light indicator is a simple adjustment of the parking brake switch typically. For the turn signals it is possible you have a bulb that is partially blown, as in the filament still makes contact occassionally. That would be accompanied with a lamp out indicator. The push button start concern is common, the switches do fail and most likely is that. I see you are in Texas and Venomous1 Racing is also and may be able to help you out with the repairs.

Yes ma'am I'd be happy to help with any of your problems. What he^^^^ said is dead on. Sounds like a bulb out or filament that makes contact when it wants. New push start button, and maybe top off brake fluid/ adjust switch.
Look forward to seeing pics of your ride and meeting you at one of our Texas Get Togethers :rock:

Are you a Regular cab or Quad Cab?

Thank y'all so much for the warm welcoming and information. <3. I was just worried that it might have been an electrical problem since it all started at once. Grrrr I own a Quad cab. Texas Get Togethers huh? That's cool. I used to own a Jeep wrangler and Jeep owners have a tight net. I didn't know until this forum there were Viper meets. Fun. Where are they held?

Thank y'all so much for the warm welcoming and information. <3. I was just worried that it might have been an electrical problem since it all started at once. Grrrr I own a Quad cab. Texas Get Togethers huh? That's cool. I used to own a Jeep wrangler and Jeep owners have a tight net. I didn't know until this forum there were Viper meets. Fun. Where are they held?

Also Check your battery connection as well as battery connections.
Nice post up pis of your QC :)
What color? We are a very tight knit group indeed and most know each other by first name :D
We are here to help one another as well as a shoulder to lean if the need arises. Nice place to call home away from home :p

:drool:p Sounds good to me. I think I posted the pics on my album. She's red and ready!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Hmmmm. I guess I have to play around with the site a little more to figure out the pictures. :)

Easier to post from photobucket, then copy to here ;)
Nice Inferno Red QC though :)
Hope we can help ya get her right again.
I'm outta Waco if ya ever come thru :)
Look at bottom of home page for Texas GTG ideas for upcoming meet :burnout:

With the QC's there is also occupancies where the shifter is not all the way in "Park".

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back