Progressive Nitrous Controllers

blackviper

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What works? What doesn't? Any recommendations? I know the tach signal is an issue with some of them. Some of the brands I've looked at arethe NX, FJO, NOS, Dynotune, and Cometic controllers.

Hey Dennis, I'm having issues with the NX controller. I want to see if anybody has had success with a particular one.

Almost done. Well maybe!

blackviper said:
Hey Dennis, I'm having issues with the NX controller. I want to see if anybody has had success with a particular one.

Almost done. Well maybe!

Yeah right huh ?? :D :D :D :D

Single stage but I would like to lock out gears and ramp it up.

The best one I used is the Zex window switch. with you being an auto set it for 2nd to come on at about 2500-3000. Us 6spd (ask jack also) but I had mine set to come in 3rd at 3000 rpm and set the shutoff for 6k. JMO

I don't use a progressive switch, probably should. I have an NOS window switch that activates it at 3500 rpm and off at 5500 rpm. It senses WOT and I leave the line balls out.

Hey Jack, I meant to call you earlier. Do you think I would need a tune for a 100 shot when I will very rarely use it? Or should I set the SCT tune down to 87 before spraying? I do have the Zex window switch installed.

Venom Power said:
Hey Jack, I meant to call you earlier. Do you think I would need a tune for a 100 shot when I will very rarely use it? Or should I set the SCT tune down to 87 before spraying? I do have the Zex window switch installed.
You will be OK spraying on stock tune with a 100 shot.

FATJACK said:
You will be OK spraying on stock tune with a 100 shot.

Good. Because I told the installer not to bother with a dyno tune. Figured I save me some green since they charge like $250 and hour. I didn't want to get bent over so badly before PCB.

Venom Power said:
Good. Because I told the installer not to bother with a dyno tune. Figured I save me some green since they charge like $250 and hour. I didn't want to get bent over so badly before PCB.
Antnee, you should try contacting Torrie. I bet he's got a generic Nitrous tune for our trucks. Better be safe then sorry. He takes AMEX, too. :)

SANTEEN said:
Antnee, you should try contacting Torrie. I bet he's got a generic Nitrous tune for our trucks. Better be safe then sorry. He takes AMEX, too. :)

Yeah that's an idea. I thought he would be in PCB this week.. WOOOOO, ya see wh.. Ya see what I just said? I said "this week" :D HAHAHAHA, I can't wait!!!

Venom Power said:

Check with Torrie, I think he charges 399 to dyno tune (5 pulls) and the required tunes. Just a suggestion. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back