Proof you need your wing.

v8eater said:
Took it off because it was (is) fugly. Put it back on because that ass whipped around TWICE WITHOUT IT!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :stickyman:

unless you were going 140+ I doubt the wing would do anything about the truck losing control.....

Justanotherdodge said:
If you noticed they said these were some of the factors allowing a stable top speed of 150+mph...not that it helped you get there any faster. I wont argue that it doesnt provide a functionality at high speed, since thats obviously what it was made for, but I won't say that it practical for everyday driving.:p

You mean, you don't find yourself at 150 daily:questionmark: Dude, are you feeling okay:questionmark: Wings :trytofly: are the way man.

Anyway we can download that clip from that site? I have it on my DVR but I cant get it off of there.

:rock: lol Good video... Anyone up for some SMOKED PERELLI????? :D :burnout:

Silent D said:
Someone PLEASE tell this moron to stop smearing his greasy-assed fuckin' fingers all over the paint.....DUDE..!

SD
We blk truck owners are kind of sensitive about that arn't we!!!

Seriously...is that possible here...I have never seen a race video of one of our trucks here with the side mirrors folded in. The rumor is that the engineers at DC intentionally left the mirrors out to sandbag just a little incase the "L" contingent decided that they could come back after a infusion of dollars and get the record by a mile an hour or two...the concept was that DC could then just fold the mirrors and get possibly 4 or 5 more miles with no infusion of cash!! But of course the "L's" folded and went home.

What do our engineers here think...will folding the mirrors get 4 or 5 more miles an hour top end in a two way run??? I think that we will all agree that pushing the air is the big issue...how about getting rid of those "ears" in a race???

Last edited:
Prof said:

I agree with you on that one :D
290277.jpg

Prof said:

I think that we will all agree that pushing the air is the big issue...how about getting rid of those "ears" in a race???

I believe that could be the REAL reason why the stock mirrors fold in....

On second thought, the brilliant engineers at Dodge would never notice something this obvious.:dontknow:

SD

WizzySRT10 said:
I agree with you on that one :D
290277.jpg

Wizzy, not matter what everyone says about you (;) ;) ) you do have a very nice looking truck!!! - Lord Vader ........... :rock:

I think it may be a modest increase in aero.I figure with the Cal Vu`s,lowering 1.5.3.0 ,tonneau I might get a SLIGHT advantage over stock.I would be surprised if it was worth 2 MPH.Without any wind tunnel testing it would be hard to say.

What is the Cd anyway .50-.55?

My 12.7 run was with the pax mirror folded in. I ran both in and both out. I did seem to run faster with them folded in. My best run however was the 12.7 (pre turbo) and one in one out. You can see it in the 1st video in my sig.

I think we should all start folding the driver side mirror in before we race...the competion will start to think it is a secret advantage and will spend hours worrying about how to counter our new technology!

Prof said:
I think we should all start folding the driver side mirror in before we race...the competion will start to think it is a secret advantage and will spend hours worrying about how to counter our new technology!
Just ditch the Dumbo ears for aero Cal Vu`s.Problem solved.:)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back