Pros and cons of lowerin

Stinker said:
:dontknow: ok this rear helwig sway bar, if someone wil give me the correct part # I will try to get a price, all the ones i have seen thru helwig only fit the reg rams, and not the srt's:dontknow:

Stink, If you can get a price on the Helwig I would be interested. If Dickbrain says its good I'm sure he is right!!

FATJACK said:
Stink, If you can get a price on the Helwig I would be interested. If Dickbrain says its good I'm sure he is right!!

Yup, it has the Dickbrain seal of approval.:top: :D

# 7658 is for a 1 ton with 4" diameter axle $273
#7651 is for 3/4 ton with 3 5/8" diameter axle $231

Prices through summit or suspension warehouse ? or sumpin' ??

Even if you can't beat the prices,we would rather buy from you,Stinker.

I really hope these are the correct numbers,diameters and such :dontknow:

Last edited:
so i need a drop and a sway bar??? cause this thing is like its on its tip toes in curves and in high speed lane swaps...

Streetgliderx said:
so i need a drop and a sway bar??? cause this thing is like its on its tip toes in curves and in high speed lane swaps...
I'm guessing your still running the stock Pirelli's. They're junk. Start by changing out your foundation. I and some others are running the General Grabber UHP's and they're a day and night difference from stock.

Street here is the jsut of things.

one if you want to lower just the rear, blocks is the cheapest way to go, it lowers the rear any amount you want, with 3 inches being about the lowest to go.

or a complete deal, springs in the front, blocks rear on RC's, a rear axle flip on QC's

this lowers the complete vehicle, ride suffers anytime you lower anything to a degree, but at the same time, handlling can improve.

Now to complete the lowering say of an RC, such as in my kit I supply new sway bar bushings, they are stiffer bushings than oem an provide a stiffer side to side movement in the sway bar, small , but noticable.

but when you lower something, you affect other things such as the sway bars, they are mounted to the frame and then on the front to the control arms, in the rear to the axle and the frame.

now when you lower the truck this oem angle changes, does it HAVE to be corrected? NO
to provide absolute best handling ? YES
you can do this by a number of ways, one is to cut the links and reweld, , another, have them cut an threaded for adjustment. third , buy Justins adjustable links.

but what these guys are talking about is aftermarket sway bars, they are usually a better bar than stock for better handling..

needed? NO, but they provide much bettter corner carving material for high speed purposes.

Now on to the jitteryness onthe highway, that comes alot from the stiff springs in the rear .
lowering it doent really afffect that much. the only thing to do there is either remove a couple of leaves, or have them rearched by a spring company. to soften the ride accordingly, but then it takes part of the handling away, it is them you must decide, ride comfort of a caddy or handle like a porshce:D

wow stinker thanks for the time you put into that...... it was very informative! i think it has helped make up my mind...!!! thanks stinker

Streetgliderx said:
wow stinker thanks for the time you put into that...... it was very informative! i think it has helped make up my mind...!!! thanks stinker
anytime bo, thats all I did was suspension for years so it kinda comes second nature, I am not always correct;) but I will at least give it a shot:D

man on those numbers hot ram gave I really cant compete with summit.

the lowest I can do is 7658 $294
7651 $259

and would still have to specail order them:eek:

I believe that Summit and Jegs has a 19.00 handling charge on each order, that would make the price basically the same.

Like I said,most of us would rather help a forum vendor and brother than buy from the lowest bidder anyway.

Kinda the same reason I shop local owned stores over wally world. just my .02

HOT RAM said:
Like I said,most of us would rather help a forum vendor and brother than buy from the lowest bidder anyway.

Kinda the same reason I shop local owned stores over wally world. just my .02

AMEN BROTHER!!!!:congrats:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back