PS pump conversion?

Gecko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking at replacing my PS pump. I think it's going to go eventually as I had to replace the leaking lines and the pump ran without fluid for a short time. It likes to sometimes make noise now lol

Supposedly to replace it there's a conversion kit? And it's expensive as hell or something like that?

Do I have to go that route or can I contact someone like X2 and see if they can pull one off a wrecked 04 motor (would the year really matter?) and send it to me to replace. That would be the easiest option in my opinion but I just want to double check that that's a possibility.

Or if anyone has an extra pump laying around that they want to sell me let me know as well.

I bought a pump from Oriellys. Also replaced my pulley cause I had some noise coming from the belt. Tony sent me lines and all is good. The new pulley from the dealership was 80 bucks, but looked much better than what came on the truck.

Pumps are cheap. Key is to flush the system as when most pumps go they throw material out and throughout the system. I personally took the added precaution of replacing the rack as the same time (cheap also) so all I had to do was flush the lines. Been well over 100K miles since that time.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back