Pulled Over by the Sheriff

ccfeyh

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, here I was driving home from work yesterday, minding my own business, not speeding, just cruising along having a nice day, when I have to stop at a light. In the right hand lane, one of L.A. Counties finest pulls up and stops about half a car length behind me.

The light turns green, I pull out and there it is, lights on, right behind me, WHAT THE HELL DID I DO???????? So, I pulled over to the side of the road and waited to see what I had done to get pulled over.

The Sheriff walked up to my window and said, "This thing sounds pretty bad, is it fast?" I said yea, it's pretty fast. Next thing I know, he's telling me that he didn't pull me over for anything, he just wanted to see an SRT 10 up close. So, next thing I know, this Sheriff and I are under the hood, walking around the truck, on the side of the road, blocking the right lane, just having a good old talk about my truck.

He asked me how fast it would go, so I told him I'd tell him but he'd probably put me in jail. After a few minutes, he said thanks for the look, shook my hand, got back in his car and drove off.

Just thought I'd tell you a good story about a run in with the law. :burnout:

reminds me of a story of when i was 16 was late getting home topped a hill running about 130 and met a state trooper, anyway he caught me at the driveway. talked about the car more after i told him id get my ass beat if i was late. told me to slow down. had a 60 model corvette with a 327 and a 4sp. wish i still had that car.

You should've had him try to outrun you! That is, as long as you made an agreement that he wouldn't bust you.

That would actually piss me off. Its basically abuse of power and I HATE that!!!!:mad: Now if I had been speeding and then all he wanted to do was talk about the truck I would be all for it.:D

BigBlackQC said:
You should've had him try to outrun you! That is, as long as you made an agreement that he wouldn't bust you.

i had a cop here in houston pull up next to me at a stop sign and after reassuring me he wouldnt bust me i got on it for him for 3 gears.

needless to say he was trying to keep up and he gave me a thumbs up and said he has a truck in his garage he wanted to run against me with.

cool cop though

Abuse of power? I don't see it that way. I've had several people pull up and either try to ask questions, while driving, or motioning me to pull over all to discuss the SRT10. It placed both of us in potentially unsafe situation with the distraction. Abuse of power would be officer beating me, stalking me, harassing me, filling false charges. Thats abuse of power. I'm sure if you told the officer that it was not a good time to stop to discuss he would immediately apologize and tell you to be safe.

*then again maybe I'm reading into this whole thing.....:dontknow:

I will still be nervous trying to figure out WTF I did wrong to get pulled over!!
Hell of a way to get a up close look at one of these bad boys!!

Me and the wifey went to breakfast Sunday morning and I'm pulling in the parking lot all cool and the wife notices 3 cops standing by they're cars staring. I'm wondering if they're gonna bust me for the loud exhaust(mids & Magnaflow) or sumpthin :dontknow: . I park way out like I always do and they walk over and start diggin on the truck, asking how fast is it, saying how good it looks & sounds, pop the hood and ect. Finally on the way in the restaurant wife looks over and says "you love that shit dont you?" I said yep. :rock:

z-man said:
i had a cop here in houston pull up next to me at a stop sign and after reassuring me he wouldnt bust me i got on it for him for 3 gears.

needless to say he was trying to keep up and he gave me a thumbs up and said he has a truck in his garage he wanted to run against me with.

cool cop though

Thats quite a cool cop!!:rock:

patrick

He sound pretty cool to me. Would be a nice change to get pulled over and have the cop want to talk about your car.

my neighbor is a local sargent and he has a 07 vette, a 94 vette, and 3 70"s vettes, one with a charged 383 stroker. to test his cars, he races me. im so consistant he can tell if the new mod on any of them helps :D :D

VinViper said:
Me and the wifey went to breakfast Sunday morning and I'm pulling in the parking lot all cool and the wife notices 3 cops standing by they're cars staring. I'm wondering if they're gonna bust me for the loud exhaust(mids & Magnaflow) or sumpthin :dontknow: . I park way out like I always do and they walk over and start diggin on the truck, asking how fast is it, saying how good it looks & sounds, pop the hood and ect. Finally on the way in the restaurant wife looks over and says "you love that shit dont you?" I said yep. :rock:

Are you gonna keep her Vin??

(The truck that is! :D)

Well it in the trader but hopefully we can get through these lean times and I'll be able to keep her before I have to sell it. I absolutly love this truck and the way it make me feel while driving it and apparently other people feel the same way by the reactions I get. :)
IMG_0873.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back