QC One Piece Driveshaft

blackviper

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows the OEM part number to use on our trucks. It seems that the 2007 Dodge Ram 2500's came with a one piece aluminum driveshaft vs. the two piece in our trucks. Apparently the conversion has been very successful. It eliminates the shudder at take off, reduces the rotation weight by 6 to 8 lbs and gets rid of that crappy center support bearing.

Supposively, the OEM one off a 2007 will fit. I could just by the factory one or have one custom made. I know the carbon fiber ones can be made longer. Still debating and I'm in need of a part number.

I would be interested in one of these also. I'm not a big fan of twp piece driveshafts. Also, would this help us with the vibration we get when lowering the '06 QC's? If you go the custom route, see if you can get a discount for buying more than one.

blackviper said:
Supposively, the OEM one off a 2007 will fit. I could just by the factory one or have one custom made. I know the carbon fiber ones can be made longer. Still debating and I'm in need of a part number.

I would be very interested in this too, if it would fit an 2005 QC.

For the 06 lowered crowd, have you tried degree shims to change your pinion angle? How about Caltracs to stop/limit the axle rotation? Just curious - I've gone through a ton of this on my rockcrawler Dodge with lifts, axle, and transfer case swaps and I seem to always be able to get it tuned out.

BlackKnight said:
Definitely interested in a one-piece drive shaft; I have that nasty shake at take off ever since I lowered my 06 QC

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back