QC Question

Scrambler1 said:
I have but also changed transmission. It can be done.

i fig it could be done jus didnt know how it would hold up! last thing i wanna do is tear up a driveshafe

From what I understand the '07 QC's went with a 1 piece driveshaft. Wonder if it's a direct fit for our trucks.

I had one put in mine after the carrier bearing failed.

So far so good, but I am totally stock

cyalata said:
i fig it could be done jus didnt know how it would hold up! last thing i wanna do is tear up a driveshafe

Sure it will hold up if you have one built right. Get a recommendation from a local performance shop that deals with high HP builds. Make sure that you get everything lined up just right and IMO it's stronger than the two piece.

scambler who do you deal with up there i mean im right across the river... no one id trust in savannah.. hell i dont trust no one but tony

1fast10 said:
scambler who do you deal with up there i mean im right across the river... no one id trust in savannah.. hell i dont trust no one but tony

I'm in and out of meetings all morning but I'll send you a PM this afternoon.

Scrambler1 said:
I'm in and out of meetings all morning but I'll send you a PM this afternoon.

Cool deal interested into what your build is looking like..... Im about to look through your posts now since im not familiar with it......

What are the benefits from a single driveshaft?

lilred7879 said:
I had one put in mine after the carrier bearing failed.

So far so good, but I am totally stock

Post up some Pics :)

Yellow venom said:
I have an 06 Diesel Qc auto and it's a 1 PC driveshaft, wonder if one of these would bolt in???

Well what are you waiting for get out there and find out:D

Troy's QC SRT said:
Cool deal interested into what your build is looking like..... Im about to look through your posts now since im not familiar with it......

What are the benefits from a single driveshaft?

I see the main benefit as having fewer u joints to bust in a high hp/tq application, ie less stuff to break. Not to say that the carrier bearing style driveshaft can't be strong, big rigs use them after all. Only a Dodge engineer could say why they used a two piece in the first place. Cheaper? I also didn't want to have to contain two pieces in the event of breakage.

Bump ----anything more on this????

cyalata said:
have one being built at the moment:) will post pics once complete

Excellent:rock::rock::rock:

Sean Roe installed one on the first SC build (Yellow Fever from Miami). NBT and I weighed it. I believe it was 10 lbs lighter than the stocker sitting there.

Suncoast had a few contacts for cutting one. I didn't have 3 days to wait for it to be cut and shipped.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back