QUAKER STATE 5-40 oil

1qksrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone try this oil yet??
I'm going to try it today and see if there is any problems.
(Wish me luck):dontknow:

my gramps put quaker state in a push mower 21 years ago........it caught fire:D

so I am not allowed to put oil in anymore:p or use quaker sludge as he called it:D

i tore apart a 289 small block one time and had to use a hammer and chisel to get the sludge out, no shit.

your better off using staight STP and marvel mystery oil than the old dino quaker state.....Is the new stuff synthetic?

I dont know if Quaker State's quailty has changed but back in the 70s I saw several engines torn down that used it and they were like Stink and Eddie said..full of sludge..:(

Mobil One is no longer affliliated with Chrysler,So now they use other brands.
The one I,m going to try is 5-40 fully synthetic.It was recommended for boosted applications.I will try it for a bit and check it often.Its going in as I am writing this!!

You might also consider Shell Rotella 5W-40 Full Synthetic. It's reasonably priced and available almost everywhere (even Walmart) and has tons of certifications.
Keep us posted on the
quaker.jpg
florida.jpg
:D

we run shell rotella in all of our big rigs. insides are clean as a pin.

be doin my 2nd Rotella run this weekend. used about 1/2 qt. on 4500 change.:rock: :rock: :rock:

thumbs up on the Rotella T for the large cars.:rock: :rock: :rock:

i know one thing for damn sure. if ya put Rotella T in a sludged up engine, ya better by ya a case of oil filters. it will clean it out,lol.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I'm just trying it, i need a flush anyway. not more than a hundred miles. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back