question about start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it normall for the engine to tick a little when starting it up in the cold ? I just got the truck 2 weeks ago 43,000 miles on it. Also it seems to idle slightly rough, but it runs great driving around. thanks for the help..

Welcome! All noobs ask about the tick. I did! All viper engines have that minor tick. I'm still not used to it. SOOOOO, let's see some pics of your truck.

Welcome to the RBC... What did you get? Regular cab or Quad cab? 04, 05, or 06? Color???

thanks so much for the quick reply. Now I can sleep tonight. pics soon, but its an 04 rc black and the previous owner took great care of it. not a scratch or imperfection anywhere. Not sure of the number ,but man date is 6/04.

valvetrain noise, all GenIII motors have it.

Just a moderm Mopar thing...my Charger RT 5.7 Hemi ticked....Charger SRT8 6.1 Hemi ticked....Current SRT10 ticks....but all 3 were/are the best rides I ever owned...:rock:

welcome to the RBC :rock: :rock: :rock:
mine "ticks" when its warmed up. valve train noise.
mine used to "whine" on cold start & at certain rpm/oil pressure at temp.
chased it for a while. finally got a holt of Kevin @ Exotic Engines & there is an up date for the oil pump by-pass valve. got him the numbers off the front cover & it fit the update ones. its a cartiridge set up instead of seperate parts. it is quiet now with better oil pressure:rock: :burnout: :elefant: :rock: :burnout: :elefant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back