Question about the Brakes

Bussiculo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I have been starting to notice a little screeching when I brake sometimes. I figured the truck has 40,000 miles now and they probably havent been replaced to my knowledge. Just wondering what you guys recommend for new brakes. Also, thinking about painting my calipers Blue since i'll be doing the brakes.

Thanks guys!
Hump Dayyyyyyyyy

How much you think i'm looking at here? and should probably do the rotors too correct?

Feel the outer edge of them and see if there's a lip. More than likely yes you'll do rotors as well. Thing is, good brake pads eat into rotors fast, but braking is awesome! I've used stock and EBC as well as Autozone, O'Reilly, etc and although I'm running stock pads I think EBC is great. Hawk also makes great pads as well as Zechhausen (sp?)
A lot depends on budget and primary use. If its a road race truck ill recommend one setup, a drag truck a different setup, a daily driver stock truck I'd recommend stock pads for longevity and awesome stopping power. :burnout:

I went with a set of Callahan x-drilled snd slotted rotors and ceramic pads, along with caliper rebuilds for the front rotors. Have the same setup on my 06 mustang and beat it up on auto cross days. Reliable and inexpensive, it's a wear and tear part so I didn't want to break the bank.

Ps Callahan is owned by Power Stop llc, FWIW

Last edited:

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back