Question about the VEC 3

nycstev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand the VEC 3 that comes with the Roe SC "piggybacks"
the existing PCM. Does the existing PCM have to be a stock unit or can it be a flashed unit?

nycstev said:
From what I understand the VEC 3 that comes with the Roe SC "piggybacks"
the existing PCM. Does the existing PCM have to be a stock unit or can it be a flashed unit?

You can run the VEC3 with the stock or flashed PCM.

My understanding, is that for the SC application it must be flashed (quad cab) to remove the torque managment.
I do not know if the performace flashed units are ok. It may be that the VEC will overide the other aspects fo the performance flash. Call Roe, they would have the answer. They were very helpful to me when I called.

You can run both.... performance PCM or Stock...then tune with the VECIII from there. The QC has benefited most from the flash... Bone has been running both for some time, and is a good resource for info as well. ;)

The stage 2 flash alters the trans and cooling fan whereas the vec 3 doesnt.
Right?

The flash does all types of stuff. One of those is timing. You can get a blower flash where the timing is left at stock. Then the VEC3 does your timing (plus other things).

Call Cave Venski @ Roe. 904-529-1219 ex. 2# They really are nice and helpful.

nycstev said:
does vec 3 alter tranny and cooling fan? This is whats confusing me

No, it doesnt. It only alters fuel and timing. Now it can also be used for logging and triggering other pwr adders, NoS, Meth, etc....

Thats why if you have a QC you need the flash upgrade to handle the tq mgnt and fan.

So heres what Im Im driving at. If I install a Stage 2 flash to fix tranny shift and cooling fan now ,then in six months if Iinstall a SC w vec 3 will the stage 2 been a waste of money?

nycstev said:
So heres what Im Im driving at. If I install a Stage 2 flash to fix tranny shift and cooling fan now ,then in six months if Iinstall a SC w vec 3 will the stage 2 been a waste of money?

No it will not be a waste of money. That is excatly what I did. When you get a S/C later on just send the PCM back to get the timing adjusted back to stock (around $100ish).

nycstev said:

Nope, it still helps out with the torque management, shift points and fan. Which are must mods on the QC.

When I was talking to ROE about PCM's and the VEC, I was told the PCM would have to be reflashed. There are those running the VEC and a performance flash, but ROE told me the performance flash would have to be redone when used in cunjunction with the SC. I did not get into the specifics as to why that was the case.

EDIT: What they said above :) I missed those replies when answering.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back